What are your career aspirations
    Please let me know how do we answer the below question for IT Professionals

What are your career aspirations?

Cheers
    Sanjay
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 01:49 AM
    I would like to assume that you know what you would like to do as an IT professional. Do you? If you do, then you just answer what you would like to do and what you would like to happen in your pursuit in your career as an IT professional.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 18, 2008, 01:51 AM
    To rule the world, after all most IT geeks are megalomaniacs at heart ;)
    Linda Griffin Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

May 1, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Start by looking at the various jobs in your organization. What is the next step in your current career path? A short term goal might be to get promoted to this position. For longer term goals, think about your skills and interests and look around your organization to find a job that matches your interests. You can then work with your manager to build a professional development/training plan to help you reach your goal.
    altafh1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 10:51 AM
    How to write career aspirations
    Linda Griffin Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Jul 1, 2008, 06:32 AM
    Career Aspirations or Goals are typically documented in your career development plan.
    Here's a good format to use:

Short Term Goals:
    This is a statement which describes your short term goal(s). What you want to accomplish in the next year. This could be increasing a particular skill, completing a specific project, etc.

Long Term Goals:
    This is a statement of what you want to achieve in the next 2-5 years. This could be achieving a promotion, moving to a different organization, getting a professional certification, etc.

After you've documented your goals, your next step is to discuss with your boss and gain his/her agreement. Then you can work out a plan of action to achieve your goals.
    rolfm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 04:30 AM
    Comment on Linda Griffin's post
    Excellent

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Career Aspirations [ 3 Answers ]

I have an interview tomorrow and I have to write out what my three career aspirations are. How should I begin?

What are your career aspirations? [ 4 Answers ]

What are your career aspirations?

Career Aspirations [ 1 Answers ]

How best can you briefly answer the following question in an interview if you are a Fitter, "What are your Career Aspirations.

Career Aspirations [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know about career aspirations in the field of administrative & clerical support. :) Regards, Azie

What are your career aspirations? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have completed my b.tech, recent online fillings there is a repeating question i.e. What are your career aspirations? Can you guide me what I have to mention Thank you Manish

View more questions Search