Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rumple Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 02:01 PM
    Garage wall on property line
    ******* next door refuses to let me waterproof paint my garage wall that was legally built with permits on the property line over 40 years ago. I never had leaking problems until he painted over my sealed wall with paint that attacts water that seaps through to the interior of the garage. What would you do?.

Ps: please don't suggest letting a squad of my ****faced Marine Corps buddies handle it for me...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 3, 2010, 02:05 PM

Do you still have a copy of the paperwork or know that the permit is still on file at the county recorder's office?

Have you talked with anyone in the correct department at the village hall?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2010, 02:33 PM

If I'm following you, the wall is on your property or right on the property line. Did he ask permission to paint the wall? Is the reason you need his permission because you would need to enter his property to do so? Why is he refusing?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2010, 04:11 PM

Guess I would paint it one day when he was gone, OK I would just go paint it, he calls the police, tell them you are merely painting your building and it is a civil matter, worst happens they warn you not to come back on the property

But if you have to do something else, hang from roof to do the painting.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 3, 2010, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    ... But if you have to do something else, hang from roof to do the painting.
    Still would be trespassing if any part of your body is within the air-space over his property.

I don't know if I buy your idea of water-magentic paint, but if there is any validity to it (and you can persuade a judge) that might justify a court order granting you the right to access the wall for the purpose of re-painting it. He probably didn't have the right to re-paint your wall without your permission.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 3, 2010, 07:02 PM

I see what everyone is think but here is what I think. Sue him for damaging your gargage. Its on the line but not over the line so he trespassed with every brush stroke when he painted your wall (No paint attracts water) Sue for damages to have a professional enter his property to repair the damage HE did. If the judge rules this way you are in like flynn

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to build an interior wall inside garage without removing the garage door [ 5 Answers ]

I want to build a wall inside my 1 car garage, I have flooring down already with those 2ftX 2ft squares with plastic on the bottom and click together wood flooring on top. I can't (because of condo docs) remove the garage door.. but I want to make this into a bedroom. Myidea is to seal the garage...

Damp garage wall [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, the first 2 feet of the inside garage wall are damp, it is all cement and I want to fix it...

Property line and position of the property markers [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, we have been having a problem with our neighbors about our property. It seems like they have been enchroaching more and more. Finally they got a survey but all I see are two markers, one is on the top asphalt separating the property to the left of them, then there is a marker all the way in the...

Replacing garage Door with a wall [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my attached garage using a contractor (Bob) for the work. Bob replaced the 16 foot door with a wall that will contain a window and 36" wide door, using two pressure treated 2x6x16s for the sill of the wall, placing them directly on the garage floor. Using a caulking gun, Bob...

View more questions Search