Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starter1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2010, 11:04 PM
    How to complain about a hospital.. . Treatment/billing
    What agency/entities oversee hospitals for fraudulent billing/poor treatment. I have been told by a hospital that everything was appropriate(no surprise), but even my doctor told me that I received very poor treatment, and I was billed for unnecessary tests for an injury.

Jul 9, 2010, 11:11 PM
    How to complain about a hospital.. . Treatment/billing
    I was billed for unnecessary x-rays, received very poor emergency room treatment which resulted in wounds becoming infected; procedures used on me are contrary to what modern medicine prescribes.. . My own physician was critical about the care I received at the hospital. The unnecessary x-rays for two superficial flesh wounds were over $1,500. One does not order x-rays on flesh wounds unless the objective is to pad the bill. Hospital administrator says everything was done "appropriately." Who oversees hospitals/who can I refer my complaint which may be as serious as medical fraud.. . Ordering unnecessary tests and billing for them even after hospital is made aware of the problem.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 9, 2010, 11:17 PM

We are governed by Joint Commission. Typically you should start with the Administrator of the hospital in question. Also, many hospitals send out an evaluation form after discharge that the patient fills out and sends back in. This tells the hospital about their service, whether it be good/fair/poor.
    Expert

Jul 9, 2010, 11:25 PM

I answered your other question. It is not necessary to ask the same question twice. This is not a chat room. We are volunteers who take time out of our day to help others. It may take a while to get an answer depending on when people are online.

Jul 9, 2010, 11:27 PM
    Comment on J_9's post
    I have been told by administrator that everything done was "appropriate." No surprise. I think billing for unnecessary x-rays is fraudulent. No one orders x-rays on flesh wounds unless it is to pad the bill. What agency.. . Consumer Affairs, Att

Jul 9, 2010, 11:35 PM
    Comment on J_9's post
    Sorry about that! I am new to this, and I was not quite sure my previous question went through. My first and second try did not go through at all. Your answer, however, told me to go through the administrator, which I have already done. I need to
    machattack Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Oct 2, 2010, 10:57 AM
    No one in the medical field wants to answer your question because they all continue to profit off patients. I have had multiple issues with my hospital billing department i.e. attempting to bill me even after the insurance company has paid 100% according to the contract they have with the hospital. These are not isolated incidents and I know several other people who have had the same experiences with the hospital. We have made several attempts to fine out what entity oversees hospital billing practices so formal complaints can be made. Speaking with the hospital administrator never resolves the negative billing practices. There seems to be no oversight of these practices which shocks me in a time when the government wants to have there hands in everything especially healthcare. The hospitals know that no one is watching which is why they continue to rip off patients. Hummm, and we all wonder what's wrong with the healthcare system and why it is so unaffordable. The government is so quick to throw socialized healthcare at people when if they would provide some oversight regarding medical billing practices the costs would not be so out of control.
    Expert

Oct 2, 2010, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by machattack View Post
    No one in the medical field wants to answer your question because they all continue to profit off of patients.
    I take offense to this. I am a medical professional and I don't profit off any patient. I get paid hourly.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 2, 2010, 06:02 PM

As I do (well hourly or salary) but doctors who order the tests are governed by the AMA, and if the doctors ordered tests that were not in standard practice you may look there. Also you can look at the BBB to see if a complaint to them.

But if there had been more wrong and they had not did a x-ray, you would want to sue because they did not.
    You may have had a intern that had already worked 12 hours who had 4 minutes to decide what treatment you needed.

And your doctor, is he willing to testify in court that the x-ray was not needed, is he that critical of the treatment, or was he merely saying perhaps what you wanted to hear when you were fussing about the bill to him ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good treatment n hospital for Azoospermia! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I completed 4yrs of my marriage life but no child. I've irregular mensus (i.e 3months once) before marriage and took treatment from a expert homeopathy doctor and now I'm getting my menses before 45days... last year I took PELVIC Scan and found my Uterus normal but I've Bilateral...

Can probation officer remove you from treatment center whilyou are getting treatment [ 1 Answers ]

Can probation officer come remove you from mental facility after suicide attempts while being diagnises with bipolor disorder and receiving treatment for such denying him prescribed treatment by dr,and through you in jail for discresionary time because he basically soughtr out his own treatment...

The person in billing in the hospital [ 1 Answers ]

What do you call the person that works in billing in the hospital? You know the one that calls or talks to people about bills.

Fill a complain [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, On 24 May 2004 an exporter from the UK have shipped us a 40' FCL container of packaging films, but it happens that after arriving of this container to our port here in SYRIA we have discovered that there is a shortage in quantity of about 6500 kilos, in addition the entire quality...

View more questions Search