Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nia91 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 10:24 PM
    What effects will you have on secondhand smoke crack cocaine/marijuana (51)?
    I been exposed to crack cocaine my whole life? My mother is the one who does it. When I inhale it, I immediately get headaches or stomach aches.I did a little research but would love to hear from others. Someone please tell me the effects of this second-hand smoke? Thank You.
    jpbrtis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 10:45 PM

With the second hand smoke your still inhaling the same thing she is just not in as high of a quantity. So the effects are the same as smoking minor amounts of crack
    Nia91 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 11:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jpbrtis View Post
    With the second hand smoke your still inhaling the same thing she is just not in as high of a quantity. So the effects are the same as smoking minor amounts of crack
    Thank you for that? In your opinion I'm so lost what shall I do about this?
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Feb 13, 2010, 11:08 PM

I am so sorry for you. Is there a good role model that you can speak to in order for your mom to get help?

Here are some reports that will give you info on secondhand tobacco smoke--in which case, cocaine is going to be just as bad, if not worse:

"That report concluded that children whose parents smoke are more likely to experience respiratory infections and respiratory symptoms."
    http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/librar...fullreport.pdf

Secondhand smoke exposure causes children who already have asthma to experience more frequent and severe attacks.

• Secondhand smoke exposure causes respiratory symptoms, including cough, phlegm, wheeze, and breathlessness, among school-aged children.

• Children exposed to secondhand smoke are at increased risk for ear infections and are more likely to need an operation to insert ear tubes for drainage.

CDC Features - Children and Secondhand Smoke Exposure
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Feb 13, 2010, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nia91 View Post
    Thank you for that? In your opinion im so lost what shall i do about this?
    Is your dad around? If not, do you have a relative you can talk to about this? Your mom can get arrested for her abuse and she is putting you in danger.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2010, 03:13 PM

Second hand crack smoke can also cause psychosis in children or halucinations.
    kuchicoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 04:58 PM
    My neighbours smoke crack and I can smell the smoke seeping into my apartment. I live in an old building and I can smell when they smakoe cigaretts and drugs. I recently had a hair folicle drug test done for some other issues.. and it showed that I am being exposed to secondhand crack concaine.. and I have never been around that or anyone smoking that. How can I prove that it is my neighbour. Because the test proves that I don't smoke.. please help..
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2010, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kuchicoo View Post
    My neighbours smoke crack and i can smell the smoke seeping into my apartment. i live in an old building and i can smell when they smakoe cigaretts and drugs. i recently had a hair folicle drug test done for some other issues.. and it showed that i am being exposed to secondhand crack concaine.. and i have never been around that or anyone smoking that. how can i prove that it is my neighbour. because the test proves that i don't smoke..please help ..
    How does the test prove that you don't smoke? Also, how was it determined that it was second-hand smoke? Please post the results of the test and I'll have a look at it.
    yoli10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 02:54 AM
    My boyfriend smokes crack. I am having breathiing problems, sinus trouble and my chest is always congested as if I have a chest cold. Even when I take a sip of water I have to catch my breathe could this be because of the crack smoke? My headaches and eyes burning are constant as while.
    bigkelkel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2012, 10:10 AM
    Could someone please help me with my question.. My friends pit bull had a seizure.. My friend and her husband smoke crack cocaine around there dog.. I think that is why the dog had the seizure.. could that be the reason

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crack cocaine and teeth [ 8 Answers ]

I was wondering what are the effects of crack cocaine and teeth? What does it do? I have heard that when smoking crack, it turns your teeth grey or even black. Is this true and if it is, are there any sites that have pictures of teeth that have been exposed to cronic crack smoke? Please...

Effects of Crack Cocaine [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know about crack cocaine and the effects it has when children are expose to the smoke for any amount of time. I am in a court case and the people I am against are trying to take my daughter away from me by accusing me of using crack cocaine while I was holding her. She is 15 months old...

Trafficking crack cocaine [ 5 Answers ]

So my buddi was selling crack and ended up selling to a undercover cop. So he has charges now. What kind of time could he be doing on first offence he was caught with 13 pieces of coke and 23 of crack and there was a fine about theft and the money he had on him what is that all about

Crack cocaine and teeth [ 4 Answers ]

What affect does someone using crack cocaine have on their teeth?

Effects of second hand exposure to crack cocaine [ 4 Answers ]

I was smoking crack cocaine and methamphetamines in my room while my sister was in the adjacent room over a period of 4 days. She was diagnosed with leukimia at the age of three, went into remission at the age of five, and was diagnosed with a brain tumor at age ten. The doctors said it was a low...

View more questions Search