Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninjunk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 07:58 AM
    5 yr old Pit/Boxer mix won't eat, barely drinks.
    Our 5 yr old pit-boxer stopped eating 3 days ago after vomiting his entire breakfast. Then he went outside and ate some grass and bush leaves and vomited those as well. Since normally the guy will eat anything and everything, we though sickness or obstruction to be the cause.

Took him to vet the second day. They did x-rays and blood work... both clean. Vet said that his intestines were a little swollen, but nothing major. He also had a low grade fever. They put him on some antibiotics, and IV for a few hours and sent him home.

Still won't eat, and barely drinks. So frustrated and worried. Any thoughts?:(
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2010, 08:31 AM

Yes. Call your Vet. It will take time for the antibiotics to work but maybe he needs more/less/something else.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Sep 23, 2010, 01:00 PM

Have you tried boiled rice and hamburger or hand feeding him? You can also try giving him chicken stock in his water just to try and get him to keep hydrated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pit mix having trouble walking [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 4 yr old pit mix who suddenly began to have trouble walking, I mean big trouble. He doesn't even want to get up to eat. I am very worried and am just hoping for some king of advice before I take him in to the vet. His hind legs are the giving him a problem. I am wondering if he may have...

My boxer won't eat? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Ihave a 9mth old boxer won't eat for days on end ribs are showing. Please HELP

Is it possible to have a Pit Bull / Jack Russel mix? [ 13 Answers ]

This is my dog Nicky. Is it possible for him to be a Pit/Jack Russel mix?

Lethargic Puppy Boxer won't eat [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a puppy Boxer who is very lethargic and won't eat, He just want to sleep all day. What should I do

1 yr old boxer won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1 yr old female boxer that keeps pushing the plate away and won't, she smells the food even from my hand and walks away. Do they get tired of the food ? I tried a . Different flavor from can, but that didn't do it and she also crys ,I imaging from hunger or maybe from her period (she...

View more questions Search