Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bob Blacker Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 02:34 PM
    How to replace Coil kit for dryer gas valve (2 coils, new style)
    RE: Whirlpool Gas Dryer

How to replace Coil kit for dryer gas valve (2 coils, new style)?
    BRycraft Posts: 111, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2009, 03:10 PM

On the gas valve is where the coils sit and one has 2 terminals and one has 3 terminals so you can't mismatch them, they are secured in place by a metal bracket that is secured in the back usually by 2 metal screws that screw into the gas valve housing. Once you remove those screws that plate will come free and you will be able to remove the solenoids (coils), then reinstall in reverse. The metal plate is what holds the coils in position, the older style coils came with the mounting brackets attached to the coils, the newer ones do not... Once you see the coils on the gas valve you will quickly understand what it is I am talking about. Also make sure the dryer is unplugged and gas is shut off to dryer when you are working on it...
    Good Luck... Bill
    djay0270 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 05:25 PM

Where is the Gas Valve that has the coils on it? I took the back of the dryer apart and cannot find anything similar to what I am supposed to see. I have a Whirlpool dryer also.
    BaseballMom88 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 05:51 PM

You generally won't find it from the back, usually there is a front lower access panel on most dryers, that is typically where you would access glow plugs, and gas valves. If you are still having trouble locate the gas line that comes into the dryer, try and follow that down and around, usually most gas valves are located on the left side of the dryer when you are looking at it from the front. The gas valve will be around the same size as the gas valve on your hot water heater provided its not an electric hot water heater.
    One other option is to do an actual Google search of the mfg and model of the dryer, from there you will easily find part supply houses where you can find a schematic of where the parts are located in your dryer, that can provide a lot of help knowing exactly where to look...
    Good Luck...
    Bill.
    soulpapa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2010, 06:09 PM
    How do you use the new coils when the old ones have wires

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace coil? [ 5 Answers ]

My AC unit is 2 years old. I turned it on for the first time this season and it kept cycling on and off every 30-45 seconds. Never putting out cool air. The repair service replaced the refrigerant, 5 lbs, and it works just fine. The technician states I have a noticeable leak in the attic and need...

Removing Compression Straight Style Supply Valve [ 2 Answers ]

Hello My cold water is leaking from the bottom of the compression valve (where it is attached to the pipe). I want to remove it, but it looks like it is glued onto the copper pipe. How would I go about this. The Compression Fitting doesn't not have a nut on the bottom which is attached to the...

Maytag gas dryer, replacing gas valve coils [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone can help me. My Maytag gas dryer's igniter glows but then no flame appears. I believe it is the gas valve coils that are bad, so I purchased a replacement kit (3 coils). The instructions say to match the colors of the wires, but my replacement kit has red, black, white...

Heating Coils in my dryer won't turn off [ 2 Answers ]

We just replaced the heating element in our Kenmore dryer because it wasn't getting hot. But now the coils won't turn off, unless we completely unplug it from the wall. We have no clue what it could be.

View more questions Search