Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cityofrest3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 03:50 PM
    Cold water not coming through bathtub faucet only hot water comes out?
    Only hot water coming through bathtub faucet, even when turned to cold, hot water only comes through and on top of that the water runs very slowly.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 26, 2010, 05:09 PM

One handle or two?
    dannaca Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 04:19 PM
    One
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2010, 04:39 PM

Can you tell us the Brand and the model number of your faucet?

John

Sep 16, 2010, 04:45 PM

Moen. Don't know model number.
    Thank you for trying to help.
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2010, 05:00 PM

It sounds that you have problem with the cartridge, here is what you need to do, shut the water to the tub remove the handle and the cartridge, turn on the water to flush out debris out of the faucet, install the cartridge and the handle try and see if you have cold water now, If not you need to replace the cartridge, For more info open the files below.
    You can get a new cartridge from Moen for free call them at 800-289-6636, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf moenchateautub.pdf (51.0 KB, 1248 views)
  2. File Type: pdf moenlegendtub.pdf (83.7 KB, 866 views)

Sep 16, 2010, 05:34 PM

Bare with me... do you mean turn off the major source of the water that is out by the street? And what is a cartridge. There is one screw by the handle on the deco ring around the faucet. Is that the way to get to the cartridge?
    Thanks... Danna
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2010, 07:49 PM

Hi Danna,

If you don't have a main shut off valve to your house then yes the S/O valve by the street should be closed, if you open the two pdf will show you what the cartridge is and how to remove it, Thanks.

John
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 18, 2010, 06:56 AM

Bob's on 5the right track. You should have built in "screwdriver stops" in your valve, (see image)
    Follow his instructions and check and clean the inlet ports of the cartridge. Don't forget to flush out the supplies when the valve's still open. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

Hot water coming from cold side tap even though hot water supply shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I been having problem for past year now hot water comes from the cold side tap, I only have 1 tap that shares water hot and cold the other 2 I have are 2 separate hot cold and 2 are just cold taps now I have even shut the cold water supply to the hot water tank off, but yet when I run the...

Hot Water coming out of Cold Faucet [ 11 Answers ]

I just had my gas water heater replaced. Ever since the replacement, when I turn on the cold tap on any faucet in my house, it runs cold for about 15 seconds, then hot water starts coming out. The hot water keeps getting hotter and runs for about 30 seconds, then cools off and goes back to cold. ...

View more questions Search