Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frankster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2010, 05:31 PM
    How many outlets can you put on one breaker?
    How many outlets can you put on one 20 amp. Breaker as per code in Colorado? I need to wire in some amplafiers and my breaker keeps tripping 20 amp breaker. Frank
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 13, 2010, 06:26 PM

It is not the number of outlets that's the problem it's the load you are applying. I can make a 20 amp breaker pop with one outlet, I can also make one not pop with 25 outlets. Add up the amp draw from each of your pieces or equipment. I would not put more than 16 amps on your circuit for an extended time.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Sep 13, 2010, 06:35 PM

What Ballen said.

Receptacles do not draw anything. It's what's plugged into them that matters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2outlets no good run on same breaker.replaced outlets and breaker. Still no good. [ 1 Answers ]

2 outlets that run on the same breaker crapped out on me. I changed the outlets and breaker. It worked for about an hour and then crapped out again. Any suggestions?

How many wall outlets can be put on one 20 amp breaker [ 3 Answers ]

How many wall outlets can be put on one 20A breaker?

Too many outlets on one breaker [ 6 Answers ]

Basically I have a hobby room with 5 outlets in it and I just found out that they are all wired to one 20 amp breaker. My question is... Can't I just take the cover off the breaker box and put two more breakers in two of the empty spaces and pull the wires off the existing breaker with 5 on it? In...

Amount of outlets per breaker [ 10 Answers ]

Just trying to find the standard codes for the # of outlets for each breaker for the typical amperage... 15 amp 110 volt 20 amp 110 volt 30 amp 110 volt

View more questions Search