Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkimberland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 12:02 PM
    When I push reset on the outlet it keeps popping back out, therefore my washer won't
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2010, 12:17 PM

Its popping because there is a fault that needs fixed by an electrician.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 8, 2010, 07:57 PM

Unplug the washer from the outlet. If you have anything else plugged into the outlet unplug that also. Reset the GFI outlet. If the outlet resets plug the washer back in. If the GFI trips you have a ground fault in the washer. If the outlet will not reset with the washer unplugged you have a problem with the wiring or possibly a faulty outlet.

If you by some chance have other outlets that do not work when the GFI is tripped, unplug everything from those outlets also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Power Miser 6 40 Gal water heater (shorty) popping reset button [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have a rental property with the above described hot water heater and have had some trouble determining exactly what my problem is. Here is a breakdown of what I've experienced. Hot water line burst just above the top of the tank and ran for a period of days spewing hot and eventually cold...

Popping noise by wall outlet [ 1 Answers ]

Heard a popping noise while sitting in my chair. Sounded like it came from the wall outlet right next to me. Now, anything that is plugged into this outlet does not work. What could have caused this? Could this be symptomatic of a bigger electrical problem or just an outlet that needs...

GFCI will not reset-red buttons keeps popping [ 3 Answers ]

My one GFCI outlet pops its red button occasionally. :( Now it is has popped with nothing plugged into any of the outlets that I can determine are connected with it and it will not stay in - keeps popping out. What does this indicate, is it a fire hazard in any way, and what can I try? Meanwhile I...

Why does a reset button keep popping out? [ 3 Answers ]

None of the wall outlets in the garage work unless I push in the reset button at one outlet. But it only stays pushed in for a few minutes. A refrigerator is the only thing plugged in to an outlet in the garage. What's happening?

GFI Outlet will not reset [ 1 Answers ]

The GFI outlet that I have used for 2 years will no longer reset. Could it be worn out already? Is it possible that it has gotten some moisture in it, it is a out door location which does get wet in heavy rains. Should I just replace it and hope for the best?

View more questions Search