Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hafan228 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2006, 11:50 PM
    Carrier furnace blower motor won't turn off
    I have a Carrier central air and furnace(furnace model 58GS050-3), it was built around November, 1985. It has carrier air conditioner indoor cooling coils box model 28AC030-911 laid on top of the furnace. Everything was working until one week ago.

Now with the thermostat off and the fan set to auto. When turn on the power switch to the furnace, the blower motor start and keeps running and won't stop. I then switch thermostat to cool and set a lower temperature than the current room temperature, the outdoor condenser fan will turn on. When the room temperature reaches the set temperature, the outdoor condenser fan will turn off but the blower fan just won't stop. I have to turn off the power switch to the furnace to turn the blower fan off.

The connection wiring between the furnace and thermostat are:

Furnace-----------Thermostat----outdoor condensing unit

C--------------------------------- White wire
    Y------------------(yellow)--------Red wire
    Gc-----------------G(green)
    Gh
    R ------------------Rh(Red), Rc
    W------------------W(white)

Does anyone know what the problem is? Does anyone has an online instruction manual, schematic or wiring diagram for the furnace model 58GS050-3 ?
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Jul 27, 2006, 03:59 PM
    I'm going to say the fan/limit switch is defective. This would cause the fan to run all the time. It could also be a defective fan relay. Hard to tell without testing...
    hafan228 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2006, 11:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdb1
    I'm gonna say the fan/limit switch is defective. This would cause the fan to run all the time. It could also be a defective fan relay. Hard to tell without testing...

Thanks for your reply, I took out the circuit board #302075-304 today and don't know which one is fan/limit switch. I search through internet and found out I can buy the whole circuit board around $32 plus $7.50 shipping.
    bigdavel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 03:47 PM
    More than likely it is not the board.If it was working before and then you recently used the heat then it is probably the one or two relays you have on the heater wall itself, look at them closely and see if they are burnt if replace them I have had several recently and spent a great deal of time diagnosing the issue. Its not the board.
    tchase Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2010, 09:22 AM
    Indoor carrier furnace will not turn on or the fan. What could be wrong? I check the fuse. All is OK.
    bcurbox Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2013, 03:24 PM
    I replaced my fan limit switch located behind upper panel of the heater front. Easy with two screws and two wire leads to it. But still same symptoms with the fan continuous run without pulling the heater panel off to make the switch stop power to the blower motor/heater. I need help too, any answers would really help. My emal [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Furnace - Burners turn on and off [ 2 Answers ]

On my Carrier furnace (model 58G5100-2) the igniter starts the pilot, and most times the pilot starts the burners after a minute or two and then the blower motor starts. Other times, pilot lights the burners which burn for a minute or two, stop and then start again... and after a few minutes...

Furnace Blower Fan Won't Turn Off [ 3 Answers ]

Last night I installed a brand new programmable Honeywell to replace my the ancient mercury Honeywell that was on the wall. I have a 20+ year old forced air gas with central air. The side effect has been that the furnace blower will not shut off. Whether the system is in "heat" or "cool" or...

A/C Loud Buzzing - Blower Motor won't turn on [ 2 Answers ]

My air handler is making a loud buzzing noise when it attempts to engage. The blower motor will not turn on, although the motor and attached "squirrel cage" appears to turn okay, so I'm guessing the bearings are okay. Is this a capacitor problem, or am I likely to need a new compressor? The unit...

Furnace blower won't turn on [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Bryant 395C furnace. The blower won't come on even when thermostat fan switch is set to "on." I've verified that I'm getting 24V AC between terminals marked G and C on the furnace. Blower has 3 wires going into circuit board on furnace. These are colored red, black, and white; red is...

Blower motor won't turn off [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Carrier central air and furnace model 28GS 036 000. This problem began with turning the furnace on for the first time this season. With the thermostat off and the fan set to auto. The blower motor keeps running. Adjusting the temperature on the thermostat and selecting cool or heat does...

View more questions Search