Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DBLCONNECTION Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Hot Shot
    How Due You Start A Hot Shot Company With The Oil Field Company's And How Due You Bid For There Business?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2007, 06:52 PM
    First I will be honest I have no idea what a "hot shot" company is, but basically you are wanting to start a company that does contract work with oil field companies.

Various companies will have their own rules for bidding out work ( if they even do bid out work or just hire companies they know of) If they are government jobs, a bid will be announced publicly and the people wishing to bid will get specific instructions on how to bid and if any money or deposit has to be paid when they do the bid.

But basically you will need to contact the purchasing department of the oil companies and ask them what their procedure is for picking the hot shot companies they use.

If you are going to have to borrow money to do this, you will need a business plan that will explain in detail how you plan on getting any equipment you will need, all of the license you will need, your experience in this field and more.

I will also assume this is a business you have worked in before and have expereinece.
    silverlite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 09:42 AM
    Hot shots are generally dually pick-ups with gooseneck trlrs and can haul a limited amount of weight, about 15000# I believe. However when you get the right contacts you can make pretty good money doing it. Once you have gotten a good reputation of on time and no claims,easy going with the customer base, you'll be able to build a good living at it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo Shot [ 18 Answers ]

I just started the depo shot about 5 days ago... so far all I have heard about it is horror stories... I am glad to report that so far I haven't had any side affects... only a little more sensitive... but then again it hasn't even been a week yet... I kind of just got on it with out asking any...

Deprovera Shot? [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: I'm just wondering how long you have until the shot wears off? I am waiting for my insurance to go through, but in the meantime I am 5 days past the due date for my next shot! So I am just wondering how likely it is that I will get pregnant and am I taking a big risk having sex while...

Hit me with your best shot! [ 12 Answers ]

I am on a 80's music hunt. I have a pretty large selection of 80's music, but I'm sure that there are a few songs out there that I don't have yet. If you have a hot minute, just ramble off some groups, or song titles that I can look up so I can add to my collection of great 80's music. ...

I need help on improving my handles and shot [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to improve my handles and shot? My coach has me playing a 4 because I do not have handles! I am extremely fast and I am good at driving the lane. I would make a good 2 or 3, please give me your ideas. 1- What position do you play? I play a 2 or 3, my coach has me at 4 2-...

View more questions Search