Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shellbell1820 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2010, 10:33 AM
    How do I find total equity for end of year
    At the beginning of the year, Addison Company's assets are $259,000 and its equity is $194,250. During the year, assets increase $80,000 and liabilities increase $52,643. What is the equity at the end of the year?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2010, 12:27 PM

First you have to calculate the beginning year liabilities by sutracting beginning year Equity from beginning year Assets, then increase Assets and Liabilities by the amount stated to get the ending year Assets and Liabilities.

Then you subtract ending year Liabilities from ending year Assets to get ending year Equity.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2010, 06:51 PM

In other words, do you know your accounting equation? That's what they're trying to find out with the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to determine total liabilities at the end of the year in accounting [ 2 Answers ]

Total assets $120,00, Stockholdedrs' equity is $40,000, during the year income earned is $90,000, and paid $20,000 in dividends. Total assets at the end of the year were $215,000. What was the total liabilities at the end of the year?

Year end total revenue from total expenses [ 2 Answers ]

I have a financial statement for a non-profit for four clinics, where you have to fill in the missing values. If you have a missing value for total revenue and have the value for total expenses and visa versa. How do you calculate the missing value? Do you obtain it from the...

How to find net realizable value for year-end accounts Recievable [ 1 Answers ]

So first I have to find the year end accs. Recievable... I have: beginning A/R allowance for doubtful accounts sales (w/ 80% on credit) collection and write offs

How to find Total Liabilties, Total Stockholder's Equity? [ 0 Answers ]

Net Income $765 Net Sales $36,762 Profit Margin 2.1% Net Sales $36,762 Average Total Assets ($15,719 + $16,078) divided by 2 = $15,898.5 Asset Turnover 2.3 times Net Income $765 Average Total Assets (from...

Find total equity for year end? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find the equity for the following using the accounting equation? :confused: An company has assets equal to $123,000 and liabilities equal to $47,000 at year end. How do I figure out what the total equity for the year end would be? This is all the information I have available to me. ...

View more questions Search