Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbruck96 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2010, 09:53 PM
    Cat just had kittens and now she isn't eating what should I do?
    My cat had five kittens three weeks ago and the last couple of days she has been acting like she is hungary. I got her vitamins thinking the kittens are draining her. Tonight is the first time she has been crying a lot and I tried feeding her tuna, egg and milk mixture, treats, and the regular cat food but she just won't eat. So I forced some egg and milk mixture in her with a dropper and she took it good. Also she isn't walking very well and stumbling. She is shaking and falling over. Its late so no vet is open so I feel helpless. What is happening and am I doing this right? What should I do to help her more?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2010, 02:38 AM

I believe what your going to hear from our experts is that she needs to see a Vet AND she should have been on a kitty diet and not a Cat diet while nursing.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2010, 03:56 AM

Get her to the vet in the morning. How old is the mother?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 31, 2010, 08:41 AM

You really need to get her to a vet as soon as possible. They'll have to run tests, and probably do blood work, to find out what's wrong and how to treat it.
    tbruck96 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 12:47 PM
    :) thanks to who all answered!! :D I talk to a vet this morning and I found out what I was doing wasn't to far off and to who all answered your advice was correct and thanks again. The mother is eating now and she will be feed the kitty diet. And to the one who asked how old my cat is she is like 2 years old and this her second litter.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 31, 2010, 02:30 PM

You should seriously think about getting her fixed after this litter is weaned. It's not good for an animal to keep having litter after litters. It shortens their life and can cause health problems.
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Sep 1, 2010, 12:00 AM

Consult your vet! Bring the kittens and mother to the vet!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog isn't eating [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 10 yrs old female sheltie, she is 15 lbs, always has been very consistent weight. She has always been a fussy eater, and I only feed her dry dog food for small breeds, the same food. Since Sunday she hasn't been eating, drinking a little water. She seems rather lathegic, not herself at...

My cat is eating her kittens poop and pee? [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please help me understand why my cat is licking pee and poop from her kittens while the kittens are going? Is this normal, or should I be worried? I don't want her to get sick and she is seaming a lot skinnier lately. Thank you for your help.

My dog isn't eating! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question, my 4-year-old dog, Brat, isn't eating. She has been diagnosed with epilepsy and I'm afraid that is the problem. She has had this for about 2 years, or has had symptoms of it for that long. She has just started to do this shaking thing and it is starting to scare me :( . Now...

Cat just had kittens and isn't eating well [ 1 Answers ]

My cat sassy just delivered kittens almost a week ago and isn't eating too well... I keep putting healthy dry food and once a day a little wet food in front of her and she sticks her face in it and has maybe a bite or two but that's it. Im worried because I know she needs to eat and stay healthy...

View more questions Search