Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jolayce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2010, 10:48 AM
    He hasn't contacted me for over a month! Should I leave him alone?
    I met this guy, we hit it off immediately, he's married, but has filed for divorce, and has been separated for almost a year, we went everywhere together, and saw each other every day for two months, then, he got a new job, (a very stressful one), and he has not contacted me what-so-ever, for a month, should I just leave him alone, It went from happy to nothing over night! I emailed him twice, but no response, and I've left two messages on his phone, I just want him to tell me something! What should I do?
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Aug 30, 2010, 10:53 AM

This is a difficult one. I mean no explanation at all is a horrible way to end a relationship. But end is what he did. Perhaps he went back with his wife. I think you should just stop trying to contact him, and perhaps someday this creep will let you know what happened. But for your own sake, move on.
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Aug 30, 2010, 10:56 AM
    If he has shut that door then walk away... are you really going to put your life on hold waiting for some kind of closure? You can't force him to respond and obviously he has his reasons to which its not your fault... he has chosen to cut the tie of communication for whatever reason and that is your signal to start the process of moving on... there is never really a good reason to have absolutely no communication with someone... it usually means they are hiding something... technology now adays makes it almost impossible not to be able to communicate with someone... my advice is to just let it go
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2010, 11:01 AM

I would hazard a guess, that he was not separated from his wife, he had not filed for Divorce and the wife found out. You played with fire and you were burned.

Leave him alone and don't try to call him. His wife is more than likely a good person who found out she's married to a jerk.

It happens and you are hurting.
    Let this be a lesson. Good Luck.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2010, 11:57 AM

Leave him alone. You've already e-mailed him and left messages on his phone, and he hasn't responded, so he obviously doesn't consider you an important part of his life.

Move on and get out there and find Mr. Right, cause he just isn't him.
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Aug 30, 2010, 01:02 PM

There is one other thing. Are you sure he filed for divorce? Are there children involved? I mean it sounds like you don't even know where he lives. You might have to live with the reality that maybe to him, you were just a mistress, or at best a distraction. Do yourself a favor, and leave it alone. Why would you want someone that leaves you high and dry anyway? Have some self respect, your better than that.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2010, 09:43 PM

Yeah, leave him alone.

You're not his priority.

Don't be his.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2010, 10:35 PM

He more than likely has a family.

Don't contact him. Even if he has a girlfriend leave it alone.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 31, 2010, 06:51 AM
    What kind of a man is he that he would leave you hangin' like that.

More importantly, why would you keep hoping that he will contact you.

In answer to your question, yes, leave him alone.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2010, 07:48 AM

Take a strong hint, and leave him alone.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 31, 2010, 12:39 PM

The ball is on his side of the court, he knows that you're interested in talking to him, so it's up to him if he wants to continue. You can't force him to talk to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ex contacted me after one month no contact why [ 7 Answers ]

Hey all, Ill try to put this in a nutshell, a little more than a month ago, my boyfriend broke up with me, during a very stressful busy time at uni when I had exams. I had no idea it was coming, the last week he spent so much time with me, he even went shopping with me which he normally...

I'm getting married after a month of dating and I will not leave with him. [ 8 Answers ]

After a romantic movie-dinner my boyfriend and I, decided to get married in trip to Jamaica which is going to be next month. We have been together for a month and a half and also we are not planning to leve together because of our financial situation. Soon I will have to stop working because I will...

Should I leave food out for my 3 month old puppy? [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 3month old lab puppy and we have been leaving food out for him during the day. Do we need to keep doing this or should we just feed the pup at specific times only?

Month to month notice to leave [ 2 Answers ]

I rent month to month in Florida with no lease, how long in advance does the landlord have to give a notice to leave the premises?

View more questions Search