Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ckg0806 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 01:55 PM
    Why do you need to know the size of your HD and the space you are using on it?
    Why do you need to know the size of your hard drive and the space you are using on it?
    bendingleconte Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Aug 24, 2010, 02:01 PM

Well, some would believe so that they would know HOW MUCH SPACE is left to save more stuff on... :o
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2010, 06:56 PM

You also need to have some extra space available for things to run. Windows will start acting pretty funky if you get too low on space, even if there's some left.

Right now I have a partition that I use for backing up data, and it won't defrag cause it's getting low on space, even though there's enough space to back up more stuff.

If you've got a huge drive and an over-abundance of space left, then maybe you have no reason to care. But how would you know... if you don't know?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 24, 2010, 08:31 PM

What's the name of the computer class you're taking?

;)
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2010, 03:28 PM

Oh, good catch. I usually can spot homework/test questions from 10 miles off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wire size & conduit size for 60 am subpanel 150 from source [ 9 Answers ]

Indiana question: I want to install a 60amp subpanel 150 feet from the main panel. This is all exposed runs both inside and out in a commercial envirenement. What gauge and type of copper wire and what size conduit whould I use. How often should insert a junction box in the run. John

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

Queen size headboard/full size bed frame and matress [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to put a queen size headboard on a full size bed frame and matress. Will this work? I am trying to purchase the headboard off Craigslist and need to know ASAP! Thanks for any help

Full size headboard, Queen size bed Frame [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I buy attachments that will allow me to fasten my full size headboard to my queen size bedframe? I am having a bit of trouble finding one.

View more questions Search