Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    strawberrylover Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Aug 22, 2010, 09:44 AM
    What can I do to make my boyfriend feel special?
    This guy is always doing things for me and makes me so happy and I was just trying to think of ways or things I could do to make him feel special because he is at work so its basically long distance at times... any ideas? I can't send him anything though because he doesn't have a post box..
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 22, 2010, 11:02 AM

I think that spending more time together is one of the best ways to show that you appreciate each other. So why not save some money and fly/drive over to see him?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2010, 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    I think that spending more time together is one of the best ways to show that you appreciate each other. So why not save some money and fly/drive over to see him?
    I .wish is right. Save your money and go see him
    aaii Posts: 91, Reputation: 10

Aug 22, 2010, 12:16 PM

• Little notes secretly left for him in his pocket expressing how much he means to you
    • Spend time and go out of your way to be with him
    • Text "good morning" and occasionally throughough the day to let him know you care (but don't overdo the texts otherwise it'll soon become numb!!)
    • * Leave message on facebook for the world to see how much you love him, it'll show you're not afraid to express your love for him to everyone
    • Pay for him when you go out sometimes
    • * Wear something sexy and invite him round for some quality time ;)
    • Buy him some gifts that are personal and mean stuff between you two
    • Suggest to do a weekend break together or holiday
    • Kiss him and put your arm around him regulary!

* Exercise with caution best depending on your situation/how private you both are and intimate.

All of this should be done in moderation! Except the last point ;-)

I'm so happy you've got a very loving partner, make sure you show him how much he means to you.

Wish you both the best future together

Take care
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2010, 12:22 PM

I don't think the Face book messages are such a great idea. He may be a private person.

Also, you are eighteen and I don't know if you are intimate or not so telling you to wear something sexy may send him the wrong message.

Aug 22, 2010, 12:33 PM

Being 18, yes the sexy outfit isn't really appropriate unless you both are very comfortable and are already intimate.

The Facebook thing yeah, exercise this with caution. Depending on the kind of guy, personally I would like it though :)
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2010, 12:46 PM
    A lot of guys love their girlfriend and want to be treated special. Some guys do not like having it spread on FaceBook. Just because he doesn't want it on Facebook , doesn't mean the relationship is not healthy.

Aug 22, 2010, 12:53 PM

Let's agree to disagree on this one. I see both your side and my side of the coin. Some guys it works on, some it doesn't. There isn't a right and wrong answer here. :)
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2010, 12:58 PM
    To the OP. You are eighteen and I know you like this guy. Just be you and keep on doing what you have. He knows how you feel.:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 22, 2010, 01:10 PM

Yes, guys often don't want mushy things from their girlfriends on their walls. Their friends will make fun of it and give them a hard time.

If he says he does not want it, and you can not respect his desires, then you are making him feel unemployment.
    If you need to leave a message, do it on real note and leave it for him to see personally, and not around his friends and as publicly.
    baby_blue_XOXO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2012, 09:46 AM
    - Call him everyday to say " I love you " & maybe have a little conversation .
    - Text him cute/sweet little text messages .
    - Give him your own personal nickname ( make sure he is okay with whatever you call him )
    - Become friends with his friend but don't talk to them on the phone or text them . Just have maybe a tiny conversation when you see them around .
    - NEVER taalk about his friends or family . It disturbs him because those are some of the people he cares about most .
    - Occasionally , leave your friends to spend more time with him .
    - NEVER call him bad names ( even if your joking ) UNLESS you guys both understand that it's a joke & he plays with you as well .
    - Don't tell him what to do or boss him around . ( it's his life )
    - Don't argue with him over silly things .
    - If he's mad at you , NEVER ignore it . ( he will think you don't care )
    - Don't be possesive . He has a life & it doesn't revolve around you .
    - Tell him how much you love , care & think about him .
    - Ask him about his day & NEVER say you don't care .
    - Do things with him even if you don't enjoy it .
    - LOVE HIM FOR HIM . <3 Goodluck ! ;D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to make your pregnant girlfriend feel special? [ 2 Answers ]

How to make your pregnant girlfriend feel special?

General tips on making someone feel special. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. Can we compile a list of things to do to make that someone special know that they are special? Post what makes you feel special. Things you do for your partner etc. What makes me happy : 1: small kisses on my back while I am snoozing 2: getting coffee in bed 3: when my girl comes...

How to make a courthouse marriage special [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have chosen to have a courthouse marriage for many reasons. 1) He's in the Army 2) I'm in school 3) He leaves for Korea in May 4) We need time to save money before we can pay for a ceremony. I want to make our courthouse wedding special, but not too special because we are going to...

I want to feel special so bad that we don't get along anymore [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 3years. Known each other for 4years... at the beginning,it was more like a relationship of whatever happens,just happens.. then I got pregnant. Our parents talked and advised us to get married. He's really nice. I wasn't sure if I loved him at the time but I...

View more questions Search