Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kat555lady Posts: 88, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 01:45 AM
    Does adware really slow down your computer?
    If you use a program such as adaware to remove adware will this effect websites you visit or programs you have on your computer?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2008, 03:03 AM
    If your IE keeps on taking you to Websites you did not intended to go, then it is probably Spyware Addons, or Trojans that keeps re-routing your browser destination. Beware when downloads starts without your consent!!
    They need to contact the mothership...

Some viruses will slow down your computer and maybe corrupting your favorite files, while others will complete destroy your computer?s software and render the machine useless

How to Keep Your Computer Running Fast and Smooth

Spywares, Adwares, Virus, Malwares, all these can Slow down your PC, Internet connections, downloads, and sometimes will cause your PC to freeze and become unresponsive

Random computer freeze problem - Windows NT / 2000 / XP / 2003

Windows Defender stops spyware and other unwanted programs that can slow down your computer, display annoying pop-up ads, change Internet settings, or use your private information without your consent

Protect your PC from Spywares and Adwares-Windows Defender Review
    5 Simple Steps to Protect your Windows XP
    Top 7 Free Anti Spyware and Anti Adware Softwares
    Simple but Effective Tips for Safe Browsing
    10 Free Security Programs to Protect your PC
    Protect Photos with Password using LockImage
    mr500 Posts: 181, Reputation: 8

Mar 1, 2008, 08:26 PM
    I have owned and used AdAware from lava soft for a few years. I have had no problems with it. Only thing is some of the fishing sites etc. will lock up adaware. I have had to use spot bot search destroy instead. Seems they find weakness in adaware.

That's Why you have to keep it updated and quarantine file regularly.

When a new product comes along to help us so does the bad stuff to fight it. Guess a vicious circle.
    kat555lady Posts: 88, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 01:56 AM
    Do you have this information for windows vista?
    riha15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2010, 03:19 PM
    It might slow down your computer, anyway all types of intruders to harm to your PC, so you need to have a strong protection against them. I recommend you all to use Kaspersky to prevent catching intruders and also to remove them successfully. http://www.trustdownload.com/Antivirus-and-Spyware-Cleaners/Antivirus/Kaspersky-Internet-Security-7.0.html
    riha15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2010, 03:19 PM
    It might slow down your computer, anyway all types of intruders to harm to your PC, so you need to have a strong protection against them. I recommend you all to use Kaspersky to prevent catching intruders and also to remove them successfully. http://www.trustdownload.com/Antivirus-and-Spyware-Cleaners/Antivirus/Kaspersky-Internet-Security-7.0.html
    jimhathaway Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 12:19 AM

Actually adwares make you install spywares accidentally & these spywares make your PC slow,so I suggest you to use some Antispyware,
    I too use an Antispyware named "Advanced System Protector".It not only blocks the spyware before it
    Can enter your system,will also clean the infections if any and it gives routine updates of the
    Latest definitions and is very easy to use.
    The On Execution Scanner & Alert Shields make it more efficient in the case of internet access.
    Free version of ASP is also available which provides free scan and free clean.
    For me it is the best antispyware.
    So you can also giv it a try,

Download Advanced System Protector for free to improve system security
    happy.face Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 09:33 AM

The best thing to do, it's just not keep the program running on the tray. And run the adware only when you need it.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2010, 03:09 PM

Has anyone noticed this thread is two years old? Everyone keeps dragging it back up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My computer so slow [ 8 Answers ]

Hello people. I have problem with my PC and it is a common problem which may face many Anyway I have windows VISTA install in my computer and it is soooo slow I have 1 GB memory So what are the procdure that I can do to over come this problem And thank you

Adware Remover> I need to remove it from my computer [ 1 Answers ]

Somehow yesterday, Adware was downloaded on my computer and I'm not sure how. Anway, when I go to the control panel and click on add or remove programs and then clivk on Adware remover 2007 to remove it , it won't let me. So now my computer is going crazy. I need to know how to get the Adware...

Computer is slow [ 16 Answers ]

I hαve αn XP: HP pαvillion α300n Its gotten pretty slow even with high speed internet whαt cαn I do to mαke it go fαst like before--- I reαlly don't wαnt to go to α computer person αnd get ripped off like I usuαlly do since I'm "technologicαlly chαllenged" :( Help:)

Computer getting slow down [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, The performance of my windows XP is very slow. But if I disconnect my computer from the network it becoming very fast. This is happening with almost all computers. I am sure there is no any virus or any other threats. Is this happeining because of network broadcasting or any...

Slow computer [ 8 Answers ]

What causes the computer to be so slow or sluggish in return responses? It seems like it takes forever to go from 1 website to another or between links within the site.

View more questions Search