Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmarie01 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2009, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    The stepchildren of the wife? I thought she had 4 natural children.
    My mistake... the adult step-children and biological children of the 3rd wife.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2009, 07:08 PM

I find this to be frightening and can see how it can be abused. HOWEVER, if the "parent" meets the criteria, yes, apparently a parent/child relationship CAN be established and enforced.

I'm honestly stunned and shocked. No such thing exists in NY - thank goodness!

EDIT: I sent this to an Attorney friend this AM and he was as surprised as I was. Quite the learning experience.
    robinsonm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2010, 01:13 PM
    Husband was killed instantly in an accident wife was on life support for approx. 4 weeks then passed away. They had no childredn together she had three children from a prior marriage there is no will does everything go to her children.
    Thank You!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 15, 2010, 02:00 PM

Depends on how things were titled but most likely yes.
    clbwdb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 09:04 AM
    I have similar situtation. My mom and dad divorced and my dad got the house, then remarried for 16yrs to a lady with 3 children which are all grown now. Dad died in 2009 and Stepmother died Dec 2010. There is no Will and now is my brother and me left out cause we are stepchildren? Her 3 children are fighting and 2 of the children didn't have anything to do with her but now want everything.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2011, 09:07 AM

clbwdb you ALREADY have two separate threads on roughly the same topic. You are supposed to have only ONE thread per topic.

Mods... can someone combine all both of their (clbwdb) threads into one.

Don't hijack someone else's thread please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can step mother get child support issued from biological mother of step children? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband doesn't want to go after his ex for child support. Can I go after her as the step parent who has been caring for the children for almost five years? The biological mother hasn't seen or talked to the children for about four years now.

Step Fathers Rights [ 5 Answers ]

I have become increasingly disappointed and concerned with the lack of rights and respect that I seem to have as a Stepfather in the state of Utah. I have lived with my once divorced wife for a little over 7 years. I inherited a 1 1/2 year old little girl from my wife’s previous marriage. Along...

What legal rights would I have on my step son? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my husband has a 14 year old son, right now he is in the custody of his grandmother (my husband's mother). Both the kid's mother and my husband want custody of the kid. If my husband gets full custody of his son, me as his wife, what rights would I have on the kid? He is my step son, would I...

Step child's rights to step Parents estate [ 5 Answers ]

I was living with my mother and Step father for the past 2 years. My mother died in December 07 and then my Step father died January 08. I have still been living in their house Which was my step fathers before my mother married him they were married 9 years. Now my Step brother and Step sister want...

Step fathers rights [ 3 Answers ]

I am about to get married to my girl friend of 2 years and she has a 3yo. Son who is living with her mother right now. The reason he is with her is because my fiancée could not support him and felt it would be better for him to live with his grandma till she got on her feet. Any how when we marry...

View more questions Search