Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silverpetals Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 12:12 AM
    For MEN: Do you test women? And how can a woman gain respect?
    Do men test the woman they are dating, or are in a relationship with?
    Like will you purposely not call, or "forget" to call just to test her, and see how she will react?
    Also, what would the ideal reaction be?
    Or do you purposely check out a girl, or talk about how good looking actresses are just to see her reaction?

And how can a woman truly gain her boyfriend's respect? And I mean COMPLETE respect.
    I have my boyfriend's respect, but it will go on and off, and I want it at all times.

Thanks in advance!
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Mar 2, 2008, 01:07 AM
    I wouldn't say we "test" a girl, but we do like to see the girl take some action in seeing or calling us once in a while instead of us doing all the work. A guy gains "complete respect" for a girl when they are confident with themselves enough not to get upset about them talking about a pretty actress. As for checking other women out, to me that is rude if he is doing it in front of you for sure. If your boyfriend doesn't respect you, it sounds like you need a new boyfriend. You shouldn't have to be trying to win his honor with all this trivial crap. People forget to call sometimes, and as long as it's not a everyday thing I would just let it go. It sounds like he likes playing games with you, and all he is doing is trying to break you down so can keep getting away with more and more. NO GUY in their right mind would ever just try and make their girlfriend mad at them, that is just a BAD idea.

Respect yourself first, that seems to be your first problem.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Some jerks play games, but as Jeff has said, respecting yourself, will assure you of not being in those games, and not playing them with others.
    ab5cs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2010, 06:11 PM
    Just found out I had "failed" a few tests (which I didn't even know about!) but was otherwise "allright". Got to say I am kind of mad about it! I don't do that, I take people at face value and trust them. As a woman its kind of confusing. What do I say to something like that? I really like this guy and we have a lot in common. I don't even know how to recognize a "test" lol!
    Starry nights Posts: 213, Reputation: 104

Aug 15, 2010, 03:13 AM

Silverpetals,great question.Makes me wonder for the millionth time why we don't have something like relationship courses in school... so many questions can get answered and so many couples saved :)

Whether men test women and play mind games and whether women consciously try to play hard to get and all such questions have been there since ages.Without a satisfactory answer of course :)

Hence its best to leave aside anything that can't be answered and ensure that you,yourself,as an individual,lead your own life and reach your potential and be the absolute best that God wants you to be.Learn self-respect,self-esteem,self-love.And in the course of your beautiful life if you happen to come across someone who treats you the way you feel comfortable with,makes you want to be a better,more loving and caring person,then he's the right person for you.

Remember,a real,honest,healthy relationship doesn't get caught in the mesh of mind games,lies,trickery and anything negative.The moment YOU feel cheated,exploited,hurt,sad and distressed is when something isn't right in the relationship.There are no rules about how many times a man should call or ask out a woman as there are no rules when a woman should say yes or when she should say no.We make up all these rules--rules of dating,rules of marriage etc etc.But at the end of the day,its all about what you FEEL.Doesnt matter if a man can't call you for 5 days.If you FEEL his love,you are OK.Similarly,doesn't matter if he wines and dines you in swanky places,spends heavily on you,if he doesn't respect you and make you FEEL right,you have reasons to be concerned.

If some guy's making you ask questions about whether he's scoring you,testing you,put all your doubts to rest just by simply asking yourself this " How does he make you FEEL?"... your answer is all that matters.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 15, 2010, 04:41 AM

Hi AB5CS, sometimes we like someone so much we fail to see them as they truly are, and go along with things just out of fear of turning them off, and missing a chance with them.

Its important to stay grounded in a healthy faith in ourselves, and never get to carried away by what may be rather intense, feelings for another.

That's so the heart doesn't lead us down a path we don't want to explore, and we can back off from bad, or awkward situations.

Game players don't care, but you should, so just care for yourself always and be cautious of the games people play, and not just in romance, but all areas of life.

If you post a question we can help answer your questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What women want from men? [ 6 Answers ]

This may sound like I shouldn't be complaining as I have a full life with 3 beautiful children and a even more beautiful wife of almost 20 years. I am not exactly who my wife wants me to be like... and she hates it even after being together this long, she gets mad with me for trying to assert...

Do women masturbate as much as men [ 28 Answers ]

I'm 52 and still masturbate 2 times a week do women masturbate as much as men?

Have men loss all respect for women? [ 7 Answers ]

I was thinking about the Imus thing and him referring to these women and “nappy headed ho’s”. It made me think about other derogator things men say to and about women. I also started to think about how our generation of women conduct themselves. We have women that sleep around with every man...

Two men, one woman [ 2 Answers ]

Hello people, I posted a thread before about me being with a guy and I was unsure of whether we were together or not. Well, it turns out that yes, we are finally officially together. Now the problem is that we always end up fighting for stupid reasons and it always seems like it's my fault. It's...

View more questions Search