Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Serenity2009 Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

Aug 10, 2010, 10:51 AM
    What are some advantages and disadvantages of a new years eve wedding?
    I want to have a New Years Eve Wedding and I am a caterer and baker so I know that my services are free, but What other ideas do you ladies and gents have like décor and or advice. I was supposed to get married this year but Fiancée and I had some losses in the fam and we are postponing it till 2011 new years eve.

Thanks
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2010, 11:00 AM

I think a new years eve wedding is a great idea...

Do you have a venue?

If so,I'm sure they will have christmas décor up,plus a big christmas tree..

Lots of candle light if its allowed..

At some weddings I've attended they have had a pig on a spit in the evening... amazing taste.

Starting the first day of your married life on the first day of the year... I think its great.

I can't come up with a single disadvantage,most pubs/clubs /venues are mobbed on new years eve...

Your guests finding babysitters is more likely to be a problem,and some couples will have their own traditions,maybe spending it with elderly parents of grandparents...

OK,maybe 2 disadvantages.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 10, 2010, 11:25 PM
    I agree with Red- what a GREAT idea- New Years' Eve!!

What a way to ring in a new year.

Depending upon where you live, weather will be a factor. Where I am from, I would recommend having a generator on standby. Also blankets, a wood fireplace, and some hot soup.

Advantages are endless- especially if you have snow. Ice skating on a pond, hay rides, hot chocolate under the stars. Activities for guests would go far beyond the usual dancing. The theme of both winter, and New Years, together- is putting my imagination in overdrive.

I would check out and include alternative transport arrangements if necessary, such as trains, just in case the weather turns.

I cannot think of any disadvantage really. This is so unique!

Aug 11, 2010, 11:53 AM

We do not have a venue yet and I like the idea of hayrides in snow. I already have people coming cause it's a party pon New years eve lol

Aug 13, 2010, 08:56 AM
    Aladdin and Jasmine, and/ or arabian night themed wedding, on new years eve
    OK so here's what I have so far in the planning prossess. New Years Eve 2011 around 6pm. Aladdin and Jasmine theme. Invites are going to say something like... Please join us on a magic carpet ride to a new year as husband and wife. And the ssave the dates are going to have aladdin and Jasmine on them. But now I need inspiration for the rest. Our colors are Fuchia and Black with silver. And we want to add some damask, but also have the aladdin inspired wedding. HELP oh and THANKS
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 13, 2010, 09:31 AM

If that's what rocks your boat, then go for it. You may have an issue with the date, people tend to have plans for New Years Eve, but if you know the people you will invite will like the date and be able to come, then it's not an issue.

Personally, I think a "themed" wedding, especially one that is more suited for a 10 year old's birthday party then a wedding is too cutesy. But that's just me. I don't think any theme other than sharing your lives together is necessary.

Aug 13, 2010, 09:33 AM

Well we are making it not socutsey and we did reserve the date and made it aa PARTY so people want to come
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 13, 2010, 10:21 AM

Again, this is YOUR day and you need to do what's right for you. Generally when a wedding is planned you have a pretty good idea who will come no matter when it is.
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Aug 14, 2010, 10:41 PM

All that comes to mind is old man time. Maybe before you get married you dress as older people and after your vows change into younger clothing for the new years baby, and starting your new life together.
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Aug 14, 2010, 10:57 PM

Blah, blah, blah! It sounds nice! Don't forget the Aladdins lamp maybe make a big one so people can put they're wishes for you. And rub it for their own. Maybe people can dress up like harem dancers. Wine fountains out, grapes, who big fans they fan the king with. Have someone dresses up as a joker to entertain. Food out on a huge table, on big trays, maybe turkey legs. How did they eat back then. Enough for now.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2010, 10:58 PM

Be sure to book the pastor very very early, many of course do not do on site weddings ( locations) I know I am already booked for 2010 and 2011 for new years eve already, plus several other "hot" days. Plus those days normally are twice the normal fee since they are very highly sort after.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2010, 11:09 PM

Posts combined please don't start related posts in new threads

And I guess this beats the wedding in the mobile home for 20 people that you were planning in may

Aug 15, 2010, 11:32 AM

Ha ha this is a wedding not a court party

Aug 15, 2010, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Posts combined please don't start related posts in new threads

And I guess this beats the wedding in the mobile home for 20 people that you were planning in may
    YIeah we had a few problems. So we moved the date

Aug 15, 2010, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by unluckynut View Post
    blah, blah, blah! It sounds nice! Don't forget the Aladdins lamp maybe make a big one so people can put they're wishes for you. And rub it for their own. Maybe people can dress up like harem dancers. Wine fountains out, grapes, who big fans they fan the king with. Have someone dresses up as a joker to entertain. Food out on a huge table, on big trays, maybe turkey legs. How did they eat back then. enough for now.
    This is a wedding not a cheesy music video

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Ex wants to spend New Year's Eve with me [ 19 Answers ]

My Ex broke up with about 2 month ago but we communicate every now and then with each other. The last time she propose that we spend the new year's eve together but again said she is sure if that is good idea as she is not if she is over me yet. So my Question here is what should I do to...

New Year's Eve Mistake [ 19 Answers ]

I have been with my wonderful boyfriend for nearly two years. I recently moved to another state with him and began a new job. I have been under a lot of stress at work and recently found out my Grandma has cancer. For New Year's Eve we went to his friend's house for a party. I did not know anyone...

My boyfriend called me one hour late on New year's eve [ 21 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I live abroad. My boyfriend is away. Last year he called me like 3 times on New Year's eve and this time he called me 1 hour late to wish me a Happy New Year. I was waiting for his call. It has cut my love, my passion. What would you feel and is this normal ? Thanks for your...

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? [ 1 Answers ]

What artists have recorded this song?

Advantages and disadvantages [ 7 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a union member

View more questions Search