Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FebruaryIce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 07:43 PM
    Hamilton bay remote ceiling fan light replacement
    I have a hamilton bay remote ceiling fan and cannot get the lens cap off to replace burnt light bulbs. It turns half way and then stops.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2010, 08:08 PM

Many of the newer lights are click lock. Turn the light until it stops and then wiggle it down to pull it out. Sometimes you need a small screwdriver to get it to come out.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 06:00 PM

The previous post is correct, but be VERY careful using a screwdriver. You rotate it until it drops out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement Light Bulbs - Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan [ 31 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan (Traditional Collection, Alton, 52"), which I need a replacement light bulb for. Home Depot or Lowe's in my area do not carry them. The bulb says RHINE FSP13EL 13W 2700K. Thank you for any help in the right direction.

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hamilton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 4 Answers ]

I have had this ceiling fan for about 6 years. Just last night I used the remote to turn off the light and fan, this morning it just stopped working. I replaced the battery, but still cannot get the remote to turn the light nor fan on. There's a light that lights up red when the remote is...

How to change ceiling fan remote batteries on a hamilton bay remote control unit [ 3 Answers ]

Before I break the darn thing, can you tell me if the back panel comes off or if I have to unscrew the top and bottom screws?

Hamilton Bay Ceiling fan and light [ 5 Answers ]

I have a great Hamilton Bay Ceiling fan and light. Something has happened to it, and I can not get the light to turn off. The fan works fine, but the only way I can turn off the light is to unplug it from the wall. What is wrong with it? Please email your answer to [email protected]

View more questions Search