Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    limonada Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 06:09 PM
    I had a baby 4 years ago but now I can't get pregnant.
    I had a baby 4 years ago. Since he was born I haven't take any birth control pill (only condom) and now we want another baby but can't get pregnant.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 06:16 PM

How long have you been trying? Does your husband take hot baths or showers or wear tight underwear (briefs) or pants? The problem may be his because of those things.

Aug 9, 2010, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How long have you been trying? Does your husband take hot baths or showers or wear tight underwear (briefs) or pants? The problem may be his because of those things.
    We have been trying for 2 months and he does not use or does any of those things you just mentioned.
    Thanks.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 06:30 PM

Two months is not long to be trying. To get pregnant with my second son, it took me a year (after I convinced my husband to stop taking hot baths). The women in my family get pregnant easily, like almost whenever the husband sneezes. (That's a joke, but they definitely get pregnant easily and quickly.)

Be sure to forget about trying to get pregnant. Relax and enjoy sex. Be romantic just because you are in love. When you are stressed and tense, it becomes more difficult to make babies.

Aug 9, 2010, 06:48 PM
    Well, I feel much better. Thanks for you time Wondergirl, by the way my husband hates hot baths.(because we live in vegas, the weather is too hot)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by limonada View Post
    Well, I feel much better. thanks for you time Wondergirl, by the way my husband hates hot baths.(because we live in vegas, the weather is too hot)
    We live in the hot, steamy Chicago area. Now that I've gone through menopause, my husband happily takes hot baths again, even during the summer.

Remember, have fun and be romantic! And don't think about babies -- think about white bears.
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Aug 10, 2010, 06:50 AM
    I agree.. two months is not along time to be trying.. dont stress relax and have fun... took me 8 months to conceive my daughter after only 2 with my son... I know it seems like forever but a lot goes into the factor of getting pregnant.. timing is everything... good luck!
    poppyzmommy1208 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 01:57 PM
    I had my son almost 4 years ago, and can't get pregnant. I don't use any protection whatsoever. Don't know what 2 do!!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 26, 2011, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by poppyzmommy1208 View Post
    I had my son almost 4 years ago, and can't get pregnant. I don't use any protection whatsoever. Don't know what 2 do!!!!

How long have you been trying? Is this with the same partner? May I ask your age?

As the previous posts discuss, it can often take quite a bit of time, even if it happened easily before. There can be a time where it may be wise to discuss some possible testing with your doctor, but that usually doesn't occur until you have been actively trying for at least a year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just had baby 8 weeks ago, could I be pregnant again? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello there, Just had a quick question. I just had a baby 8 weeks ago. I still haven't got my period yet, I did have sex 4 days ago and then again 3 days ago. Of course silly us we didn't use any protection. I started to bleed after having sex and I'm still bleeding now. Not really like a...

I just had a baby 6 months ago could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I am 21 years old I just had my first baby in April and it was a rough pregnancy I found out that I have an autoimmune diease which one is not clear yet we just know I clot easily. Anyhow I developed Preeclampsia in my 9th month of pregnancy and was induced 2 weeks before my due date. My...

My first love x 20 years ago- broke my heart - tortured dreams - called me 1 week ago [ 18 Answers ]

Ok, really confused here and I am not sure why it even effects me still so badly (annoyed with that fact actually) To understand I have to tell a little story: 1. I was a kid in high school, from a small town with a crappy childhood and I fell hard for a guy that absolutely broke my heart...

I recently just had a baby 3 weeks ago could I be pregnant again [ 2 Answers ]

I recently just had a baby 3 weeks ago could I be pregnant again. We have had unprotected sex.. Is it possible to be pregnant again, and what is the likely hood of this occurring..

View more questions Search