Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbrewer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Problems after fuel filter change on Ford F250 6.0 powerstroke
    I just changed the two fuel filters on my 2004 Ford F250 superduty 6.0 Powerstroke. After changing them my trucks turbo stopped holding boost. White and black smoke was coming out of the exhaut pipe when the turbo would blow off. What could be the cause of the problem?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Your answer may be wastegate-related:

The most common reason is that all of the compressed charge air is not getting to the engine. It's leaking somewhere, causing a fuel-rich condition. Check the hose between the intercooler and the intake manifold. Also, check the hose between the turbo and the intercooler.

The wastegate's normal job is to keep boost pressure from becoming excessive. However, the following can happen:

. Valve can stick open--there may be a boost control solenoid.

. Seal for the valve can crack.

. Spring can break.

. Turbo can fail. It may not be spinning. Turbo failure is much greater on trucks that don't use full-synthetic diesel HDEO.

. Wastegate is not receiving the correct pulsed pressure from the computer.
    hiperf402 Posts: 106, Reputation: -1

Mar 25, 2008, 07:13 PM
    No Wastegate On A 6.0l!
    snoman5150 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 10:30 PM

There is a wastegate on a 6.0!
    Check the pigtail in the wastegate solinoid mounted right on the turbo just behind the fuel filter under the hood, you may have hit the wiring pulling it loose from the turbo

On mine, the clips broke and the connector fell out...
    hiperf402 Posts: 106, Reputation: -1

Nov 8, 2008, 02:06 PM
    There is NO wastegate in a 6.0L . What you are referring to is the Variable Geometry control solenoid valve. It is NOT a wastegate.
    scatcat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 06:35 PM

2005 6.0 only getting about 5lbs turbo boost at 55mp-after mech cleaned intake soot e3gr cooler and new turbo-all hoses and lines tight--could it be egr valve or ecm?
    scatcat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 06:37 PM

Biua
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2010, 06:43 PM

Has the air filter been changed at least as frequently as Ford recommends? Are you using full-synthetic HDDO with your turbo? The EGR Valve is a possibility. Is it a new Motorcraft turbo? I doubt that the problem is with the ECM, unless you installed a different chip.
    plechner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 10:40 AM
    What causes coolant to come out the cap of the plastic coolant tank,not a lot just a very small amount but it wasn't doing it a couple weeks ago? Please send answer to [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 F250 Powerstroke 7.3 Diesel Won't Start [ 17 Answers ]

1995 F250 Powerstroke 7.3 Diesel Will not start and have done the following: All new glow plugs, valve cover gaskets and glow plug leads. New fuel filter and fuel pump, new crank sensor. High Pressure Oil Pump exchanged with known used good pump. Bled fuel system - NO water present....

1996 Ford E350 Power Stroke Turbo Fuel Filter? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I Have just purchased a 1996 Ford E350 with 7.3 Power Stroke Turbo. I need to locate the Fuel Filter? Thank You to who ever answers this one:) :)

Change Fuel Filter? [ 2 Answers ]

My Craftsman riding lawnmower is cutting out while the engine is running. How do I change the fuel filter?

Fuel problems on a 95 ford f150 xlt ext.cab pickup with a5.0 motor automatic trans 4x [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ford f 150 I fill the tank up drive sensibly and get 136 miles to a full tank of gas I know this is not normal it does not hesitate sputter or stall check engine light is not on what could be the problem please help

View more questions Search