Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agentizzy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Bubbles when use of shower,toilet,washer HELP
    :( We just bought a house and everything seemed to be fine, newer water heater and passed the plumbing inspections. HOWEVER, not even living here a month, we have "bubble issues" For instance when the washer ((clothes, we don't have a dishwasher)) drains we here gurgeling in the kitchen sink. And when you use the left side of the sink, the drain without the disposal takes forever to drain if used a lot. Or if the Shower is in use the toilet will start to bubble then the shower will start retaining water which will take forever to drain. And when the Washer drains and you are in the shower it will push what looked like "copenhagen" up out of the drain. The toilet cannot be used for a little while when you get out of the shower because the bowl will fill all the way up ((overflowed once)) and take forever to drain down, usually takes 2-3 flushes over a 10-15 min period.

Question is: Does anyone know what is going on? How to fix it? Can we do it? Any adivce is much greatly appreciated, and of course, are working on a tight budget after just buying a house.

Thanks,
    Nina
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 6, 2007, 04:15 PM
    City sewer or septic tank? You should have a warranty with you home. Did it come with one? Regards, Tom

Jan 7, 2007, 04:05 PM
    It is sewer. And I haven't heard anything about a warranty.

Jan 7, 2007, 04:06 PM
    City sewer... sorry typo.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 7, 2007, 04:56 PM
    "Bubbles" and "Gurgles". They are both indicters that something's going on in your drainage system.
    A "bubble" indicates a clogged line while a "gurgle" indicates a blocked vent. Let me explain. When you flush the discharge drains down the pipe until it hits a partial clog. Then it rebounds back sending a "bubble" of air/sewer gas\ ahead of it. When you flush a toilet or drain a bathtub a suction is created by the water rushing down the pipe. This suction is relieved by a open pipe that runs to the outside called a vent. When a vent's stopped up the suction has to relieve itself somewhere, in this case your sink The noise you hear is the air being pulled through the trap by suction, (gurgle).
    The answer is to have your drains and vents snaked out. Good luck. Tom
    usncas Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Have you checked for roots. I had a similar problem and found that trees just loved that sewer water clogging the drain, which sometimes backed up into the shower, draining slowley.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement toilet bubbles when upstairs toilet is flushed and washer drains. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just recently (last few days) my toilet in the basement bathroom has begun to bubble. This is caused when one of the upstairs toilets (directly above it) flushes but not another one upstairs. It also bubbles quite rapidly when the clothes washer drains. The washer is located in the...

Toilet bubbles [ 1 Answers ]

I built my house a little over a year ago, and did everything myself to save money, however I am not a professional plumber. I am located in the country, so I did not pull any permits. My plumbing has worked fine up until about a month ago. My drain starts at the kitchen sink, and runs 20' in 2"...

Toilet bubbles [ 3 Answers ]

For months now I have been hearing an occasional bubble coming from my toilet. I assumed it was coming from the sewer system. There was not any problems with drainage. This morning I heard the noise again. This time the toilet , washer and bathroom sink came up into my tub. And nothing is draining...

Toilet Bubbles [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new toilet downstairs in the basement (below grade about 6ft) The toilet flushes very good, water pressure good, however when you first flush the toilet a 2 inch air bubble comes up after that no problems. Never a problem otherwise. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Bubbles in toilet [ 3 Answers ]

The toilet is bubbling, this appear to be an occasional problem, mainly in the mornings. Air bubbles rise and the toilet is slow to empty. Using other area in the house, kitchen sink and shower there are also air bubbles after the applianace is emptied. Can I fix this problem? Or is it a job for...

View more questions Search