Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaitlyn427 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Is it normal for your period blood to be brown on the first
    I just got my periodtoday and the blood is brown and I don't even need to use a pad or tampon just a panty liner is this normal?:confused:
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 11:20 AM
    This is normal for a lot of women. Brown blood indicates old blood, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

You will probably need to switch to a pad a little later. Lots of women start really light on their period, and then it will progress into heavy, and then taper back off to light :)
    christy9800 Posts: 59, Reputation: 7

Jul 19, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kaitlyn427
    i just got my periodtoday and the blood is brown and i dont even need to use a pad or tampon just a panty liner is this normal?:confused:
    Yes. That means you just got off or getting ready to start your period. Unfortunately, it probably has an odor. I'm not doctor, but it's nothing to worry about. Good Luck girl!
    kaitlyn427 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    This is normal for a lot of women. Brown blood indicates old blood, so there shouldnt be anything to worry about.

You will probably need to switch to a pad a little later. Lots of women start off really light on their period, and then it will progress into heavy, and then taper back off to light :)

Thank you so much. I am only 14 and have had my period 2years is this still normal?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Yes its normal. Its just old blood that your body is cleaning out of itself. Right at the beginning of your period, and also at the end, your blood can appear brown. Its okay and nothing to worry about :)
    meowmeow2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kaitlyn427
    i just got my periodtoday and the blood is brown and i dont even need to use a pad or tampon just a panty liner is this normal?:confused:

The same thing happened to me.
    How old are you?
    Have you gotten your period before?
    Cutiefab34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 03:42 PM

Yea I just got mine today too , And it wasn't a lot.. Its just a little bit like through out the day . My mom told me what it was and She told me to wear a pad . So I did.. lol
    I was wonderinq why My back was killinq me all day ahha*

So you just don't worry , Im only 12 and I'm not that scared ;
    lydia_123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 04:56 PM

Thank you so much for answering this I'm 14 to and I just stared my period about 4 months ago and I'm sort of embarrassed to ask some questions so thanks you!! :))
    Yvette55255 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 02:46 PM
    I just started mine's yesterday &&its not a lot of brown blood,is this normal?
    Yvette55255 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 02:48 PM

-ijust started mine's yesterday,but this isn't the first.&&muh blood is like brown but it's not a lot it's just a lonq stain... is this normal? or is somethinq wronq with meh?
    HannahShearer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 08:52 AM
    It's a skiddy!
    Mimibisou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2010, 05:35 PM
    I don`t think that I have my periods but there`s brown stuff in my underwere`s. Is it my periods or just discharch? I use a panty liner and I'm OK. Im 12 and I really need help!
    mayisgr8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 09:58 AM
    I am twelve years old, so this is a bit strange for me! I woke up this morning, changed my underwear and found blobs brownish reddish stains in my pants! When I told my mum, she didn't really take any notice, or give me information, so I thaught I'd just wear a towl all day. From what I've heard in sex education, a period is at the least, the same amount as a full big spoon, but I only had patches in my pants and a smallis blob on my towl. Is this normal??
    Nickol32 Posts: 116, Reputation: 10

Aug 3, 2010, 06:24 AM

Don't worry its normal
    crazed1987 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2010, 11:35 AM
    Your body is getting rid of the old blood, it looks kind of like a rusty color but it is normal. It will normally change to a reddish color after a couple of days and might change back to the brownish color toward the end. It is normal though so don't be alarmed its perfectly normal. Also Cutiefab34, the back pains I will let you know sometimes they will come a week before you get your cycle. Midol works really good for the back pain
    babyydoll Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 02:19 PM
    I just got mine today... mine was brown too, and it was my first time.. I'm 13. Lol what a nice christmas present, your period! Lmao. I was wondering why my back had been killing all day!
    pbonman13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2011, 07:24 PM
    Well I had my first period yesterday ad mine is brown too... I'm a little scared
    Lilpinkpunkmiss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 07:24 PM
    Idk but that just happened to me and dus is my first tine EVER! and I dk how to tell my mom because I jut laye it ob her that I have a bladder infection
    jesylynn89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 07:56 PM
    I am on my right now and it is doing the same thing but it's the first time this has happened to me and I have had my period since I was twelve I am twenty two now and I got all freaked out but I asked my doctor and he said it was normal so your good!!
    hillhanah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 05:29 AM
    No its just because your ither getting ready to start your period , already have , or its just old blood , thtas all I just started mine yesterday and it was brown , but then I found out that it was normal

\

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge only no blood when on period [ 10 Answers ]

I am 13 an I have recently had protected sex with ma boyfriend. My period came but there was no blood just brown stuff! I am really worried normally ma periods are heavy and last a full 7 days but last time it was only 4-5 days! Should I go and see a doctor- what do you think could be wrong...

Brown 'blood' during my menstrual cycle; is this normal? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm curious about why I would have this brown 'stuff' during my period? I normally bleed at the same time and everything. M also on birth control for what they said is endo. But I've also had problems with pressure during the month that I went to see my doctor with and he said that basically I...

Is my period too long? Is it real blood or period blood? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm really worried. My period came a month early, I only have it once in two months. I have huge cramps and tylenol doesn't work but it usually does. The color and smell are different. The color is much lighter and clear and the smell doesn't have the usual scent, it smells more like the...

Post Period Brown Blood [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My period was supposed to end about 2 days ago, it will be a full 9 days today. There is a brownish blood still coming out, mostly when I go to the bathroom, although it seems to hang around all day. It's not a lot, but enough to make me worry. I had sex with my boyfriend during my period...

Brown blood [ 1 Answers ]

For the past 4 days I have been bleeding brownish blood, it has never happened to me and my periods are always regular, when I started it was the regular time for me to start, but what came out of me was not regular, I am really worried I am not pregnant I know that for sure. What could be the...

View more questions Search