Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    always_me Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 06:57 PM
    Two weeks after intercourse can you have a accurate pregnancy test done by a doctor?
    I had unprotected sex right after my period and I have been having pregnancy symptoms. Is it at all possible to have a test done by a doctor two weeks after sexual intercourse?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 26, 2010, 07:08 PM

I will not do a pregnancy test until after the missed period.

While it is possible that the test may be positive, there is a large margin of error prior to missing the period.

Try taking a HPT first. I recommend the Clear Blue Easy.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2010, 02:19 PM

Many doctors say that only having missed two periods can a test be a certainty, therefore they will tell you to wait at least two months.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2010, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rphan View Post
    Many doctors say that only having missed two periods can a test be a certainty, therefore they will tell you to wait at least two months.
    This is the course that many doctors and midwives will follow simply because it is not necessarily unusual for a woman to skip a period for a variety of reason. Two skipped periods would be more unusual for most women, and pregnancy is one of the more logical reasons for it.

However, if a positive result comes up sooner... and directions on the test were followed exactly, a false positive would be unlikely. More likely is that a result is negative, even when someone is pregnant, because the test was done too soon... hence the waiting longer to test to insure better accuracy.
    Hailee307 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2012, 02:22 PM
    Is it possible to have a positive HPT just 2weeks after intercourse? Or would I actually possibly be further along? I had an abnormal light period for ab 4days this month and a normal period last month. Advice please?!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

How long after conception can a home pregnancy test give an accurate result [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having pregnancy symptoms very recently. However, my symptoms could also be due to stress or other conditions. I am hoping someone out there can tell me how long till I can take a pregnancy test. I no most tests will say to only use after a missed period, but as I am not due on for...

How soon can I take a pregnancy test and get and accurate result? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my partner had unprotected sex on the 23rd and the 24 th and 25th of march which is the day before and the day of and the day after my ovulation and every since then I have not been able to sleep and if I do I wake up every morning at 4 am and stay up till about 7am because I can't get...

What kind of pregnancy test do the doctor [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of pregnancy test do the doctor’s offices use? Is it the same type as the ones we can buy over the counter?

I have all the symptoms but the doctor and pregnancy test tell me no. [ 13 Answers ]

OK so I have all the symptoms... only that.. my period is really really irregular... starting from 3 months ago... first it was really light, second it skipped and the next month it started but light... and then the last one I just had.. was light... and my periods last about 5 days.. these only...

View more questions Search