Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renfru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 11:58 PM
    Where is the fuel pressure regulator on a 2000 chevy 7.4 liter vortec engine
    2000 chevy truck
    7.4 liter V8 vortec
    Fuel pressure regulator location?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 06:14 AM

It's likely located on the end of the fuel rail, with a return hose to the gas tank.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 20, 2010, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    It's likely located on the end of the fuel rail, with a return hose to the gas tank.
    .. and is easily accessed once you remove the upper intake.
    Be sure to relieve fuel pressure before you attempt removing the regulator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is fuel pressure regulator for 2000 saturn sl1 [ 7 Answers ]

Where s the fuel pressure regulator regulator

1997 prizm with new fuel injector and fuel pressure regulator keeps flooding [ 1 Answers ]

My 1997 Prizm ran well until 1 1/2 months ago. One day during several weeks of wet weather, I was stopped at an intersection and the car stalled. It took several minutes of retrying and it finally started. I drove it home and put a can of dry gas into the fuel tank. It would no restart. A...

Fuel injecter or fuel pressure regulator ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1996 gmc sonoma (zr2 package) with a 4.3 motor (engine code W). I sometimes have problems getting it started, when the motor is warm it starts without any problem, but when it is cold I have a hard time getting it started, if I put gas or starting fluid down the throttle body it starts...

Chevy Venture 2000 fuel gauage - [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for me to fix the fuel gauge. It goes from full to empty and all over the place. Obviously something's wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Fuel pressure regulator [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1996 GMC sonoma, (4.3, Engine code W) How much of a project is it to change out the fuel pressure regulator ? Do I need to remove the intake manifold to get to it ?

View more questions Search