Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sindorfian Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2010, 12:46 AM
    What can happen if I violated probation by drinking after being convicted of a dui?
    I was convicted of a misdemeenor D.U.I in Utah County, Utah and was giving a year suspended sentence and served 65 days in jal. I completed the ordered treatment classes of 20 weeks, have passed numerous drug tests but still haven't paid off the fine. I was also ordered to not consume alcohol or go into places where alcohol was sold or consumed and my probation officer caught be going to a bar. What is most likely to happen to me. Will I have to serve a whole year in jail. I really want to leave this state but they won't even let me do that. Not even for a family reunion. No one was harmed in my D.U.Is.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 07:05 AM

Hello s:

MOST people aren't sent to jail for 65 days on their FIRST DUI, so there's MORE to this story. If you want to tell us EVERYTHING, we'll help. But, we're not going to PULL it out of you.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 08:06 AM

If they made you spend 65 days in jail, and you go back to that same judge for the probation violation, I would expect at leat another 60 days in jail.

And that police officer had to
    1. know you
    2. know you were on probation
    3 and want to get you

That normally only happens if you are a very well known person and in a small town

And great your DUI did not hurt anyone, many do.

Jul 18, 2010, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello s:

MOST people aren't sent to jail for 65 days on their FIRST DUI, so there's MORE to this story. If you wanna tell us EVERYTHING, we'll help. But, we're not gonna PULL it outta you.

excon
    It was my third, but I got off with a misdemeanor.

Jul 18, 2010, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    If they made you spend 65 days in jail, and you go back to that same judge for the probation violation, I would expect at leat another 60 days in jail.

And that police officer had to
    1. know you
    2. know you were on probation
    3 and want to get you

That normally only happens if you are a very well known person and in a small town

And great your DUI did not hurt anyone, many do.
    Not a small town. Salt Lake City in fact... wrong place wrong time.. . probation officer saw me at a venue that was serving alcohol. Not supposed to drink. Not supposed to go where alcohol is sold.
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 03:13 PM

Hello again, s:

Given that it's your 3rd dui, and in their view, 65 days didn't do the trick, I think they'll double down this time.

excon

Jul 18, 2010, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, s:

Given that it's your 3rd dui, and in their view, 65 days didn't do the trick, I think they'll double down this time.

excon
    Wasn't drinking and driving or breaking any laws though. Just having some beer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 04:51 PM

They will give you the time since you are not learning your lesson as to obeying the rules ( or laws)
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sindorfian View Post
    wasnt drinking and driving or breaking any laws though. Just having some beer.
    Hello again, s:

They want you to stop drinking. They know if you keep drinking, you'll drive again. They're going to make an impression on you this time. They CAN give you a year. 120 days would be a gift.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I live in Florida and have violated dui probation by not completing community service [ 1 Answers ]

I did not complete all terms of my probation. I did not pay all court costs on time and also did not complete community service. Should I expect jail time? Should I bother with completing probation terms if I will be serving time anyway? This is my only dui but I have a poor driving record. I live...

What happen when I violates parole by being drunk after being convicted to DUI [ 1 Answers ]

My brother got a one year sentence for DUI. He was on parole but now he is back in jail for parole valuation-the officer came to my house and my brother took a breath test-he was drunk. He will see the parole board in a couple days. What can happen?

On probation for underaged drinking. Accused of forging AA Logs. What will happen? [ 1 Answers ]

I was sentenced to 2 years probation for underaged drinking. Attendance at AA was a condition of probation. I submitted AA logs to my PO with some forged entries and now I have been ordered to appear in court for probation violation. What will happen to me?

My Son on probation and now got DUI what will happen to him? [ 7 Answers ]

Please help me to understand, I am just sick over this whole situation. My son 20 been going to college for 2 1/2 years to be Fireman/ EMT works and has never been in any trouble, Now got arrested for stealing a bottle of liquor in a county that has no tolerance law with a friend of his, because...

What will happen to a person that violated probation and have a new drug charge? [ 3 Answers ]

I need some help my fiancé goes to court on 3/31/08 and he violated probation and has a new charge for drugs what will happen to him and how many years do you think he would be facing??

View more questions Search