Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brinicnat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 11:08 AM
    How does the sale of a fixed asset affect financial statement
    Am struggling with how to post an entry on the sale of a fixed asset-if the asset was purchsed for 50,000 and there is still 25,000 owed on it and I have sold it for 40,000 how do I post this and what accounts are affected-is this only a balance sheet issue or does it affect an income account since I only owe 25,000 and am gaining 15,000?
    smmdyusuf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 06:10 AM
    Owed means? Loan or depreciation.
    Write me [email protected]
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 04:44 AM

smmdyusuf, please do not invite people to email you privately for answers to their questions. Unless there is a possible pirvacy issue at stake, all answers are to be shared with the community.

Not to mention that the thread is 4 years old and I doubt the poster cares anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial statement [ 1 Answers ]

Can you explain me in detail the natural and the purpose of the three major financial statement.

Tax Effect of 501(c)(7) Sale of Asset [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the tax effect of a 501(c)(7) Tax-Exempt Corporation (Social Club for hunting & fishing) selling an asset is? This asset would be a portion of the land that the corporation owns. There are 39 members and most likely the net proceeds from the sale would be distributed...

What does a clogged filter affect? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, It is common knowledge that as a filter (whether undersink or whole-house) gets closer to replacement time, the water flow is adversely affected. What I would like to know is, what exactly is the clogged filter affecting: the PRESSURE (i.e. if there would be a booster pump on the outlet...

Need helps... Financial statement [ 3 Answers ]

This is the trial balance Debit (₤) Credit (₤) Bank 5,163 Buildings 55,000 Van 4,000 Shop fittings 5,200 Equipment 1,000 Capital ...

View more questions Search