Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebateman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2010, 02:45 PM
    How do I find a sibling brother when I don't know his adopted name
    I was in the children's aid society, in prince edward county, picton, ontario at a
    Poster parents named john and gladys D. on lake on the mountain, picton, ontario, canada
    I was taken to a different foster home and he was left there, my mother decided to put eugene david B. born August 27, 1966, born belleville general hospital, belleville, ontario as a society wardship granted July 9, 1967 for a six-month period, crown wardsip status granted January 9, 1968 and placed inhis adopted home
    February 19, 1968, adoption was finalized on September 26, 1968 by judge g.f. smith
    My birth mother, leona margaret jane B. (V.) born November 10, 1928
    In marmora, ontrio
    My birth father, james edward B. born April 19, 1914 in marmora, ontario
    Eugene has 9 biological brothers and 3 biological sisters
    I do not know anything about the adopted parents except that they were both born in holland , she was born in 1936 and he was born in 1926, they have 2 biological sons, who were 6 and 3 when the adoption was finalized for eugene
    They are protestant in faith
    I am his third oldest sister, elizabeth ann B(R/K/T)
    Born June 10th, 1954,
    I have felt guilty since we were split up in the cas and I know it is not my fault but I really want to find him and make sure he is okay for my own reasons

Last names edited out to protect the OP. last names have been changed to an initial. Initials in parentheses are those of alternate last names.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 11, 2010, 12:23 PM

Elizabeth,

You posted a LOT of personal information in your post. I would like to edit a lot of that out, but I don't even know where to start without completely ruining your post.

The information you've given could cause you to be scammed or worse.

I suggest you register on reunion websites and hope. I don't know Canadian adoption law very well, but in the US, you CANNOT find an adopted sibling unless there is a life-threatening situation (blood donor, bone marrow donor, etc). Adoption records are simply never opened.

I am going to edit out some of the information in your post to protect you.

A good reunion website is ISRR - International Soundex Reunion Registry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have brother that was adopted out when he was born how can I find him [ 2 Answers ]

The only thing I know is that he was born between jan1965-aug 1967

How do I find my adopted brother? [ 4 Answers ]

Can any one please tell me how I might find my adopted brother, he was born in about 1968,in cumbria and went to a family in newcastle,his birth name was brendan tyrone baglee,what are the search avenues I can take legally if any? I'm desperate to find him.

I have brother that was adopted out when he was born how can I find him [ 1 Answers ]

He older than me my dad and this where very young so her mom made her give him up

My brother was adopted, how can I find him? [ 1 Answers ]

My brother was adopted, how can I find him? I just found out that I have a brother in Florida, and he is 20 years old, and he is my fathers son and I really want to meet him, I am 16, my name is Gary, and I can't stop thinking about it.

View more questions Search