Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nuyrkgurl30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Couch bugs?
    When I sit on my couch I feel like I am being bit by tiny bugs....not bed bugs.... i will feel it on my skin, but there is nothing there. What can it be and how do i get rid of it?:eek:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Kind of out in left field but has anyone been doing insulation with fiberglas or anything at all to do with fiberglas? Fleas are tiny but you can usually see a flea unless it has jumped. They can jump about 2 feet.
    pr8186 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 08:21 AM
    I started having the same problem the last few days. Every time I sit on my couch I feel like little tiny bugs are crawling on me. I am a clean freak so I am tearing apart my couch and find a thing. My husband just user a blower in our AC ducts recently and from the answer above could it be the insulation from the air ducts/ If so how do I get it off my couch?
    joanhoney41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2010, 11:05 PM
    When sitting on my couch I feel that something is biting me I look I see nothing but I end up with bumps and its very ichy, some times in our bed we both get like that.we moved from a house to an apt in feb 2010. And never had this in the house ,well to night while sitting watching TV I felt like something bite my leg and I reach and found something very tiny and like whiteish creamy color but can not see legs or any thing on it just a speck size. And then I had a bumpy and ichy bump on my leg .can you please help me out to find out what this is.
    mmalinchak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2010, 02:55 PM

I don't have an answer either, but I'm experiencing the SAME thing. I sit on my couch and feel bites or itching all over! I "caught" one of the things and they are exactly as you describe joanhoney41!. very tiny whiteish creamy color with no legs! UGH! Can someone help us with this?
    rapnsum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2010, 08:04 PM
    Going through a similar situation. First, Flea Larva are small like you describe... could also be bed bugs, especially the biting itchy kind. Recently I had a pest control man come AFTER I got rid of the couch and bought a new one, I found a tiny insect which turns out to be carpet beettle. I am doing research now for solutions, but may have the pest control people come in and spray because I think I also have a flea investation. So far I am placing diatamacious (sp?) earth down in the baseboards, vacuuming and washing like crazy. I do not see the infestation location yet- but- from what I read, it could be the attic.
    elaineirene Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 09:28 AM
    How do you get rid of furniture bugs. Person bought new furniture and bugs are small with lots of legs
    jay shea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 07:22 PM
    Hey I have been working around insulation but the same itchy feeling and bites when sitting on my couch have been occurring for a while. Do you also think insulation would leave bumps??
    Jj
    dotact Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2013, 03:49 PM
    I am feeling the Same thing. And it is driving me crazy. I am just now getting over shingles about 5 weeks - being miserable. I have a cat - but she does not show any signs of fleas -- (she is an indoor cat and has not been outside in l0 years except to go to the vet) -- and that was back in October. I am having some women friends over on Saturday - and I am embarrassed cause I live in a small apt --- and my couch is not leather - it is a fabric -- (course it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to throw it out - it was purchased 2nd hand). HELP -- WHATEVER is biting me is NOT biting me in my bed. I am a single divorced woman -- just myself and my sweet cat, Jada
    mama14075 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2013, 03:15 PM
    Help... ditto! I was cleaning under the stitching of my furniture 31 yrs. Old, but still in good condition... soooooooooo tiny and light brown? I had bites last week and couldn't figure out where they came from... now I know... but don't know what it is? Anybody?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child's show-with couch [ 6 Answers ]

I used to watch this show, on the old Disney channel, most likely... There were puppets, and they lived under a couch, but there was A real actress in it and they lived in her house. I remember one Episode where the real actress explained to the girl about thunderstorms. If anyone...

Couch bugs? [ 4 Answers ]

Last week I found about 20 bumps/ insect bites on my body after falling asleep on the couch for 4 hours. :mad: I thought it might be my bed because I didn't notice them until the following morning. Although when I slept on the couch again without a pillow (my face on the couch) I had 6 bites on my...

Earwigs in a couch? [ 5 Answers ]

We recently moved our couch over to make room for visitors and discovered several dead earwigs in the impression from one of the legs. We've moved the couch before and not seen anything, and we haven't seen any live earwigs, but now we're wondering what to do. Is there any way to save the couch and...

Bugs in the couch [ 6 Answers ]

:o Hello, Recently I have found an infestation of bugs that I can not identify. They are living in my couch. They are brown or dark brown kind of reddish brown for some. They look like giant mites or a cross between a flea, a tick and a those spiders with huge abdomans and all...

Comfortable couch [ 2 Answers ]

How do you choose a comfortable couch? I purchased a big soft comfy couch in the store. After 1 month everyone in my house has a backache. This couch is very soft and has deep seats. I am changing it but am not sure if there is a formula for a comfortable couch that will remain comfortable long...

View more questions Search