Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theinterestedme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 04:04 PM
    Can you fail a hair follicle drug test by being around other people who are smoking
    If you are hanging out with some friends and they light up a joint or blunt and smoke in a room right beside you or even while riding down the road with the windows down and you are fixing to take a hair follicle drug test in like two months can you fail even though you wasn't smoking it with them
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2010, 04:22 PM

Nope. Only if you smoked it would it get into your hair for the test.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2010, 05:39 PM

Basically no
    TonyJohnson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 01:59 PM
    The testing companies did a test where they put a man in a room about the size of a phone booth and pumped in thc for 24 hours straight. At the end they did a piss test and hair folical test. And it didn't not show up in the hair folical test. So you cannot fail a drug test from second hand smoke
    byrd2222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 12:09 PM
    I smoked marijuana. About a small joint a day for a long time. I stopped 3 months ago. I have to take a hair folical test soon. My hair is just over an inch long. Will I fail the test?
    Person17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2013, 12:09 AM
    I'm skeptical of information from the testing laboratory companies as they have very strong incentive to affirm their own tests as reliable, what is the period they waited on the hair test, how many different tests did they do (different samples can turn out with different pass fail results) and did they use hemp instead of real weed with the rational that using enough would be similar in effect. The story I have to relate is of not smoking for one year, having hair from a period dating back sixteen months and failing a hair test with 17 picograms in the system. The technician who took the sample rather folded my hair into the sample and I am skeptical the lab even if being meticulous could have teased out all the tangled hairs and only taken a three to four month sample. The other possibilities for failing the test would be being around second hand smokers in my large living room or touching weed and then having residue on my fingers (even after washing my hands with soap) that came into my system while eating. I was pretty shocked I failed the test based on everything I read and the fact that I wash my hands any time I touch weed and any amount from this method would be incredibly minute. I have taken another test a week later and this time the technician cut and discarded the hair beyond 1 1/2 inches. I will try to post the results later but at this point I am not at all confident that the test is unaffected by second hand smoke.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will being around marijuana show up in a hair follicle test if not smoking it yourself? [ 7 Answers ]

My ex smokes marijuana and I'm trying to get a really good job, so I don't want to be around him smoking it because I'm scared it will be found in the hair follicle drug test this employer uses. But, I miss hanging out with my friends because they also are avid pot smokers. Can I be around others...

Hair Follicle Drug Test [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, My company has recently started testing its employees using the hair follicle/ strand drug testing method. I used marijuana approximately 1year and 5 months ago, and have not used or been around it ever since. I recently too a urinalysis and passed that a couple of weeks ago. My...

View more questions Search