Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hsmogo2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 07:48 PM
    Texas child abandonment laws
    My daughter has left her two kids with me and my husband many times in the past 4-5 yrs and takes off for days at a time. This last time we have had the kids sincer early May/2010. She then was evicted from her apartment and nowhere to go so we offered our home to her. She refused to stay there but left the kids with us and said she had to go be alone right now. She's floating from place to place, hotels, trashy friends houses, etc. At some point soon we want to protect the kids and get temporary/permanent custody. Is this the definition of Child Abandonment in the state of Texas?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 02:39 PM

There is a Sticky addressing the topic of abandonment which can be read here:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-364259.html

If you feel that the children are in danger, contact Child Protective Services immediately. You'll need to give specific examples of what she is doing to endanger the children. Based upon the information you give them, they will decide if there is enough to warrant an investigation.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 03:01 PM

First off you should be going to court to get guardianship of the children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child abandonment laws in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my two great nieces for 3 1/2 years. Both parents have finally signed over their rights and we are in the process of adoption. None of this obviously was planned are there any resources I can go to for financial assistance in regards to medical, college later in life, etc??

Texas child abandonment laws [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I have a 14 year old who has never met his bio-father. The bio has not paid CS for a year in June 2010. He has never provided medical and is over 10,000 in arrears of CS. He pays when they catch him and take it out of his paycheck then disapears again and doesn't pay. My son is...

Child Abandonment Laws [ 7 Answers ]

I gave custody of my second child to my exhusband in our divorce because I could not support two children on my own at that time. We got back together about a month after our divorce. We had been together until recently. He was letting me see my son until two months ago. I have been trying to see...

NJ Child Abandonment Laws [ 2 Answers ]

My friend attempted to drop off his 2 year old son to his ex-girlfriend's home today, as previously agreed. They share joint custody but she is the custodial parent. She was not home at the agreed upon time and has not responded to his attempts to contact her. After how long might he have...

Laws on child abandonment? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a three almost four year old daughter, her father has not paid one dollar to child support, it is not court ordered and we have not done a dna test. He is not on the birth certificate, yet I was told that I can not have her adopted with out the biological fathers signature. I was wondering...

View more questions Search