Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Washerwoman1945 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 01:11 PM
    Water backs up in toilet and shower when washer empties
    When my washing machine emptied my toilet started bubbling and water from the washer came up into my bathtub. What could be the problem?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 01:22 PM

Your main drain line is clogged downstream of where all these fixtures come together. Do you have a clean out and is there a basement below this drain line?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom Tub & Sink drain slowly (most recent) & Toilet bubbles when Washer empties [ 13 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 50 year old home (Oct 2009) and moved into the home in March. The house is one floor (crawlspace), has a utility sink that the washer drains into, and has only one bathroom - which all drain into the town sewer. The problems are starting to escalate, and I need some advice...

When the bath water empties it floods the shower [ 5 Answers ]

I recently paid a plumber to install a shower and vanity in my bathroom. I kept the old bath. He attached the shower waste to the same pipe the bath waste uses. Problem is, when we empty the bath water it comes up the shower waste and floods it, on it's way down the pipes to the outside. When I...

Toilet gurgles and shower backs up. [ 4 Answers ]

Help, I have a septic system that I had pumped out about a year ago. The master toilet clogs often and the master shower will backup also, lots of gurgling. Usually happens when two things are happening. Ex. Shower running and toilet flushing.

In basement washer empties, toilet backs up [ 7 Answers ]

I am connected to a sewer system. When my washing machine emptied into a double sink in the basement, my toilet, which is about 30 feet away, backed up. I ran the shower and sink on the first floor and flushed the commode on the first floor, and it had no effect on anything in the basement. The...

Water in toilet only empties every other time [ 2 Answers ]

I recently replaced the flapper on the toilet and it worked fine. I now find that the toilet bowl empties only every other time or you need to hold the handle down for a longer period for the toilet bowl to empty. The tank itself empties properly. The water swirls but never completely empties. ...

View more questions Search