Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    docktort Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 08:38 AM
    2007 ford f250 diesel cranks but won't start.starts eventually but runs slugishly
    f250,2007,6.0 diesel, 42,000 mi. On three occasions in the last 30 days my truck won't start when warm. It cranks fine but engine won't catch, eventually it will start but this last time it ran sluggishly as if the timing isn't advancing. The problem seems to me to be electrical in nature,perhaps a sensor or computer problem. I am not a diesel person and am lost on new vehicle electronics. It doesn't smoke or have any other problem. I have seen others with similar problems but no definitive answers.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2010, 12:01 PM

Perform the steps in this link:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1415281
    popbottle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2014, 02:56 PM
    Most likely the high pressure oil pump -but you can change the o-rings in the oil feed line for the injectors they need a lot of pressure to open to let fuel in to start the engine -they most likely are low on oil pressure do to a leak in the o-rings -ford part number w302908 --you will need 2 of these ---ford part number 4c32-9b246-f install these under the valve covers and your problem most likely will be solve

Hope this will help you in the right direction

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2007 ford f250 diesel engine problems [ 2 Answers ]

I traded my 99 f-250 7.3 diesel in for a 2007 f250 6.0. According to my cousin that work in the oil fields, I made a big mistake. The 7.3 is much sought after and I could have gotten more money out of it. Too late. The 2007 had 54k miles on it and the first morning, the cold start was terrible. It...

I have a 6.0 diesel ford that after warms up if shut it off won't start, it runs fine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ford econoline 6.0 diesel engine, when warms up if you shut it off will not start, you have to wait until cools down. It runs fine, is just if you turn it off will not start, but if you spray into the intake manifold then starts.

Diesel Ford f250 will not start [ 2 Answers ]

My 1999 Ford f250 diesel will not start this morning. It ran fine yesterday but after plugging in to warm the oil and charging the battery it still will not start. Any hints. This is the first time I have had any trouble starting this truck.

F250 Diesel Starts but but won't go [ 6 Answers ]

My son's F250 Diesel quit moving last night in the middle of a busy street. It was still running and all lights etc still worked, but the instrument cluster was not working, and when he pushed on the accelator the engine would not rev. Any help would be appreciated.

Ford F250 Power Stroke diesel won't start after running [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2005 f250 6.0 power stroke with 100,000 miles and until now have not had many problems. Turbo clamp blew off replaced clamp and turbo Problem: After I run the truck no matter how far or long it will not start until it sits for a few hours or I use stating fluid and sometimes that...

View more questions Search