Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sabihur Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2010, 12:03 PM
    Estranged relationship of son with mother
    Hello.

I am 31, single, living away from my parents. For the past several months, my relationship with my mother has been explosive, to put it mildly. Every time we talk on phone, we invariably end up having a quarrel over petty egoistic issues. My grouse against her is that she goes back on her spoken word and presents a picture of ignorance about the things she had said in the past and which she has gone on to contradict. I have at been at the edge of my patience for long, and have gone over the edge now.

She was grievously ill in the recent past, but after having recovered, she refuses to live with my elder brother's family. She covets her pride over everything else, and dragged herself out of my brother's house (where she had been TAKEN to recover) in a half-sick state as she wanted to go back to her own home. Her fierce streak of independence and determination served her well while she was younger (she is 67 now) and she really did a lot for the close as well as extended family. However, her pride is not hurting her health as she neglects her health while she is at home, but she is too stubborn to let others take care of her. My father is 77, and he cannot make her see reason.

Every time I squabble with her, I feel rotten afterwards. But while I am talking to her, I am infuriated by her INCONSISTENT approach to a discussion, be it about her health or other worldly issues, and lose my temper.

In short, the love has gone out of her relationship of late. Any suggestions?
    Sabihur Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2010, 12:05 PM

*now hurting her health
    cindyhannah1 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 09:06 AM
    When your mom is starting another fight say to her, mom don't start another fight I'm sick of it.if she does not listen just hang up. If you feel rotten later on wait five more minutes to cool down and call her back up to say your sorry. And if she won't listen on the phone then go to her house and tell her but try to stay calm at all times.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me rebuild a relationship with my child's estranged father [ 3 Answers ]

When I was 17 I fell pregnant buy a 19 year old man who told me to chose him or the baby. I kept the baby and he left me when I was about 9 weeks pregnant. I have never got over the fact that he hasn't really botherd, he came about 5 times since her birth. Our daughter is 11 soon how can I...

Estranged grown son [ 2 Answers ]

Since my son returned from iraq and has married he has cut himself off from his family. We do not know why, I have seen my grandson twice and I am heart broken.It is to the point that it is eating me alive. To make matters worse my mother is dying he he does not even seem to care. I cannot firque...

Estranged Son [ 9 Answers ]

My son is almost 23 years old, married for 6 months, and is a first year law student. His wife is emotionally very tied to her mother (unnaturally it seems as they are more like sisters than friends) and has decided without reason to never contact or return contact from anyone in our family. ...

Son and mother relationship [ 3 Answers ]

Son went to marry and she left him at alter, he is now still talking to her, mom can't handle this

My ex boyfriends estranged wife tried to kidnap my son [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have a 9 year old son who I have full custody of him right now his father resides in Michigan state I reside in Indiana state my ex boyfriend is my sons father he was remarried or married to this lady she is canadian citizen she had a argument to my ex in dearborn Michigan with my ex which...

View more questions Search