Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donald9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 05:10 PM
    Squeaky Montgomery Ward clothes dryer
    Our 16-year-old Montgomery Ward dryer, Signature 2000 model # FFT-7589-80B, has developed a very high-pitched squeak that starts a minute or so after we start it up. I have replaced the felt pad with spacers (between the door and the drum) to no avail.

The front panel is a solid panel, and the mechanisms (motor, rollers, etc) all seem to be in the back. In the front is the door and the lint duct, but no rollers or anything visible below the drum.

We have lost the manual years ago for this, but I'd really like to try to fix it on the cheap rather than spend hundreds for a new one.

Any suggestions as to what may be squeaking, how to access it, check it, and replace it?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 31, 2006, 10:13 AM
    First, congrats on getting 16 years out of a dryer. Montgomery Wards did not last as long as that dryer. There is a large fan belt and idler pulley going around the drum. Some manufacturers even replaced the pulley with a nylon/teflon surface for the belt to slid over. You can check both by removing the back of the dryer but some models open by prying off the top of the unit. If you are not especially handy it might be a good idea to call in a repair person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squeaky Clothes Dryer [ 118 Answers ]

My dryer makes these brutal high pitch squeaking sounds. Does anyone know what might be causing it and how to fix it? It`s about a 5 year old Frigidaire Thx

Montgomery Ward riding mower rebuild [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Montgomery Ward riding lawn mower with a PTO shaft driven roto-tiller attachment. It is a 16 Twin 656 cc. Model 33420.. I am trying to finding service manual(s) so I can rebuild it. The engine runs but the wiring has been cut spliced and or removed.

Old Montgomery Ward riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to fix this old riding mower that we just acquired and we can't seem to figure out how the mower deck goes on. If anyone can give detailed instructions that would be great.

Squeaky Clothes Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Whirpool Model #DDE6500GALAD. I have removed the back access panel and can see the drum belt and two pulley wheels through which the belt is threaded. I do not see any way to tighten the belt or do not know how to replace the belt if it needs replacing. Any ideas??

View more questions Search