Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandon_weiler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2010, 04:48 AM
    What is the law in Indiana for driving without insurance or a license with children
    What is the law in Indiana for driving without insurance or a license with children in the car?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 19, 2010, 05:15 AM

First, in the future please pay more attention to where you post. Your question is one of law, not children. I've moved it to appropriate forum.

Driving without insurance is a traffic violation. Driving without a license, may be a criminal violation. I don't think either would have any specific issue with having children in the car. The laws don't work that way.

However, if you were driving recklessly with children in the car, you might be cited for reckless endangerment.

What is prompting this question? Often if you relate what happened rather than ask a question about the laws, we can help more.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2010, 05:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon_weiler View Post
    What is the law in Indiana for driving without insurance or a license with children in the car?
    Hello b:

It's the same WITHOUT children in the car.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2010, 07:38 AM

Each has nothing to do with Children, unless of course you have a custody issue and the other parent is showing that you have no regard for the law when picking them up. It could be grounds for the other parent to refuse to allow the children to go with you, since your driving is illegal with no license or insurance.

For no insurance, they could impound your car, and you could lose right to get a license for a period, if you had a wreck it would be worst. Driving without a license would end up a fine and more, also depends if caught for it before.

The main driving issues with children in a car is your driving, reckless and/or no car seats. As a officer I charged one women with child endangerment for reckless driving with kids in the car without seat belts or car seats

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driving license look up [ 2 Answers ]

How to obtain a drving license number for free online?

Driving with a suspended license but didn't know [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I had an unpaid photo radar ticket, I missed my court date (I had 4 deaths in my family and had a very sick 1 year old, and was sick myself) On my way home from my Dr. I was rear-ended (it was not my fault) and the next thing I knew, the officer gave me a ticket for driving with a suspended...

Driving on suspended license [ 3 Answers ]

I was charged with d.s.l. got my license straight then suspended again because I forgot about a ticket this is all in Georgia.got caught again for d.s.l. because I forgot about ticket and court date. Have not been to court on either one. What are possibilities and advice.

Evoked driving license [ 4 Answers ]

Can a person whose driving was evoked at IL because of DUI get driving license at Canada?

Fishing license in the state of Indiana [ 6 Answers ]

Anyone out there from Indiana? I have a camping trip planned for this weekend and I was planning on doing a little fishing. Anyone know what the state requires and where I can get one?

View more questions Search