Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    romo826 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 01:37 PM
    Societe de verification de la nouvelle gravure international of New York and paris
    Original lithograph autumn scene, yellow leave in foreground, stone bridge with tower, 4 buildings in back ground of tower with mored yellow leaves. Cannot make out artist signature appears to have a y in signature . Has an embossed stamp on back societe de verification de la nouvelle gravure international of New York and paris appears 101/275 Do you know artist?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 16, 2010, 01:48 PM

Sorry romo, we can't even begin to give you an answer without a picture. Can you post one ? It sounds like a numbered print from what you say, 101/275.

Tick
    greyfox-gj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 04:32 PM
    Is/was the Societe de Verification de la Nouvelle Gravure International of New York and Paris a legitimate society? Does it still function and if so do you know the contact info; I can not seem to find it.
    Tks
    John
    Doane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 09:42 AM
    I have an approximate 24"x19" (in frame) limited edition lithograph (Societe de Verification de la Nouvelle Gravure International of New York and Paris) of green hue water w/ trees with what appears to be brownish/tan buildings (not clearly defined). I can't make out the signature but it begins with lower case gi possibly r, last name seems to start with lower case t then an r. On the front bottom left there is a 143/what may be a fr and on the back printed into the wood is a615B
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Doane View Post
    I have an approximate 24"x19" (in frame) limited edition lithograph (Societe de Verification de la Nouvelle Gravure International of New York and Paris) of green hue water w/ trees with what appears to be brownish/tan buildings (not clearly defined). I can't make out the signature but it begins with lower case gi possibly r, last name seems to start with lower case t then an r. On the front bottom left there is a 143/what may be a fr and on the back printed into the wood is a615B
    Please don't piggyback on an existing thread. Would be better if you started your own question.
    Doane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 12:44 PM
    I'm trying to identify the artist
    I though I was posting this to the art forum. Sorry for confusion. I have no way of finding out who the artist is and every art collector site I access is coming up empty. Im trying to upload pictures - I'm not sure if they successfully attached. On my end it says they did but I don't see it on this screen
    firefly4591 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2013, 06:08 PM
    I have a lithograph with the societe de verification de la nouvelle gravure Internationale of new York and Paris. The artist is sole. The print has what looks like a Spanish woman looking from a balcony into a bull fighting ring with a matador an the bull. Has beautiful colors. She is holding a fan and has what looks like a lace mantilla over her head. Can u tell me anything about this print? It is numbered 375 and is marked on the back 1058 .
    crazymom81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 11:00 AM
    Perhaps it is a Risaburo Kimura paint in silk. He paint in silk, it has with hand his signature and paint number like yours. Gabby :)
    micromoore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2013, 10:46 PM
    Hi Doane, I can't believe I found your post! I have a similar print by (I think) the same artist. What you described has similar elements to my print and the signature description is exactly how I would describe the signature on my print. Sadly, I have no information for you... I too am looking for info. But do you want to exchange photos? And please let me know if you ever found any info on the artist. Thanks, Adrienne

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Societe de verification de la nouvelle gravure internationale [ 2 Answers ]

We have a limited edition lithograph 90/375 that we can not understand the artists signature. It has the societe verification on the back. It depicits a cobblestone street with spanish style tile roofed houses that have shuttered windows. Looks like pencil and colors are of green, orange, brown...

Societe di verification de la nouvelle gravure international new your [ 2 Answers ]

I have come into possession of a signed, numbered print with a certificate of authentication on the back, but am unable to decipher the artist's signature. Does the number stamped on the back of the print frame have anything to do with identifying the print and or artist?

Societe de verification de la nouvelle gravure internationale of New York and paris [ 1 Answers ]

I have a limited edition lithograph of a woman standing by a vase of flowers on a round table. The colors are all shades of lavender, yellow and black. The woman has a very full pony tail, and she may be wearing pants. It is signed in pencil on the lower right and appears to say "Schreyer". It...

View more questions Search