Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greg40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 12:41 PM
    My cold water won't run in bath
    There is no cold water running out of bath tap but there is in all other taps
    hontoni Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jun 16, 2010, 09:20 AM

I will make the following assumptions:

1) This is a tub only, not a tub/shower
    2) There is hot water

Most modern faucets use devices called cartridges. These devices go bad after a time, and need to be replaced. If your tub has separate handles for hot and cold, then you need to replace the cold cartridge. If you have a single handle, then you need to replace that cartridge.

This is the most likely problem. It is also possible that debris has clogged the cartridge or that (if you have them) an integral stop has gone bad. This last is a part of the valve itself, but can be replaced by a plumber.

I hope this helps!
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 16, 2010, 10:15 AM

Please, be more specific... too vague to offer advice... Back to you... Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No cold water to bath tub [ 1 Answers ]

We just hooked up our plumbing to our downstairs bathroom for the first time and we can't get cold water to the bath tub.

Water continues to run from bath faucet while shower in use [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I run the water from the tub faucet until it's the correct temp. When I lift the knob to engage the shower head, the shower starts, but quite a bit of water still pours from faucet. Any suggestions for repair would be appreciated. Thanks!

No cold water supply in the bath [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, The shower tap supplies only hot water. There is no cold water at all. I have checked all other taps in the basement and it seems to be working fine, even in the basin next to the shower. Thanks, Nina

No water to both sinks / very low cold water pressure to bath and washer [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen and bathroom sink have no water, period. Hot water seems to be pretty good to the bath and washer but cold water to those 2 locations are very weak. The outside faucet is very weak at best. I have had this problem for quite some time so it's not the fact that they are frozen. I just...

View more questions Search