Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dds1128 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2005, 04:17 AM
    Flour/Grain bugs
    Does anyone know who to stop these pesky grain bugs that get into your flour and grain products? I have tried the spearmint gum trick, and that does seem to work a little bit, but isn't there something better?
    jj2546 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2005, 03:44 PM
    I have found that Bay leaves work for keeping bugs out of flour and cereal you can find them at your spice counter in any store
    jennifer cummings Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2005, 08:51 PM
    Hi,
    We recently moved to Hawaii and encountered the same problem with weevils. I believe that we bring them home from the store as eggs in the flour etc. We have started putting all grain related products in the freezer for a couple of days as soon as we buy the product, and have since had no problem with these nasty critters.
    Best of luck!
    Jenny
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2005, 09:23 PM
    My wife uses the freezer for long term storage. The 2 days might work too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

English Bero Flour [ 9 Answers ]

Hello I am living now in Florida and I do not seem to be able to bake with the four. Could you tell me where I could get Bero or English flour to make a Victoria sponge cake. I have tried to make them with American flour but they are not very good Thanks so much, any advice would be welcome...

Plain Flour [ 3 Answers ]

In Australia, recipes either use plain flour or self raising flour. I wish to use an American recipe. May plain flour be used in place of 'all purpose flour'?

Plain flour [ 3 Answers ]

Could you tell me how to use plain flour in self-rising flour recipes?

Atoms in grain of sand [ 2 Answers ]

Estimate the number of atoms in a grain of sand. Assume the grain is a 0.25mm (on each side) cube and that average distance between atoms is 10^-10m. Please help me answer this question I have a lot of trouble solving it. Can u show the steps too. Thank you sooo much.

Lyrics for: Unless a grain of wheat [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everybody, I wonder if anyone can help me find the lyrics for "Unless a grain of wheat". It is a religious music. Your help is "greatly" appreciated.

View more questions Search