Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vassanthi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2010, 06:51 AM
    How to decrease urea in blood
    My Father is suffering from kidney disease, recent test report UREA:116 , CRETAINE :4.2 ,POTTASSIUM : 4.2 . BLOOD SUGAR:77 . I want to know how reduce the urea level , he suffering from past three month , want food & vegetable & furits can we give from . Please...
    poeticmelody Posts: 23, Reputation: 8

Jun 11, 2010, 07:00 AM

Some sources of protein, called high-quality proteins, produce less waste than others. High-quality proteins come from meat, fish, poultry, and eggs. Getting most of your protein from these sources can reduce the amount of urea in your blood.

If you have lost kidney function, your kidneys may not be able to get rid of this urea normally. You may need to reduce the amount of protein you eat to avoid buildup of urea in your body. Protein is found in two types of foods:

In large amounts in foods from animal sources such as poultry, meat, seafood, eggs, milk, cheese and other dairy products.
    In smaller amounts in foods from plant sources such as breads, cereals, other starches and grains, and vegetables and fruits.
    While you may need to limit the amount of protein you eat, it is important that you eat the right amount of protein. This helps to keep your body healthy.

:)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 11, 2010, 07:01 AM
    He will need to discuss this with his nephrologist. Is he on dialysis?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to reduce blood urea [ 2 Answers ]

My dad had a renel failure in last dec . Doctor put him on dialysis. That made him really very weak. He had blood urea for 280 and creatanine for 8.1. can your suggest any measure for reducing it. He feels sleepy all day . Eats no fruits or salad.only boiled ghea or bhindi with two chapati...

Give any idea for decrease the level of creatinine,urea and sodium [ 2 Answers ]

My mother is 80,he is suffering from kidney disease,the recent test report shown: Serum Urea=150 Serum Creatinine=5.4 Serum sodiuml=144 Serum K+ =normal He is taking medicine from moulana hospital kerala from past one months.All I want to know is how we can reduce Serum Urea and...

View more questions Search