Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simonroberts258 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2006, 11:48 AM
    Calculating profit using absorption costing
    Here is the question I am having trouble with:
    When opening stock were 8500 litres and closing stock 6750 litres, a company had a profit of $60,100 using marginal costing. Assuming that the fixed overhead absorption rate was three dollars per litre, what would be the profit using absorption costing?
    I am not necessarily after the answer to the question, but the method of calculating the answer.

Si:confused:
    pavani Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 09:46 PM
    A company's normal capacity utilization is reckoned as 90%, it has a production capacity of 200000 units per year. Standard variable production cost and the variable selling cost are Rs. 11 and Rs. 3 per unit respectively. However the fixed cost and the fixed selling cost are rs. 360000 and Rs. 270000 per year respectively. The unit selling price is Rs. 20. In the year just ended on 31 December 2006, the production was 160000units and the sale was 150000 units. The closing inventory on 31st Dec was 20,000 units. The actual variable production costs for the year were Rs. 35,000 higher than the standard.

Calculate the profit for the year,
    a) Marginal costing method.
    b) absorption costing method
    pavani Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 09:52 PM
    A company's normal capacity utilization is reckoned as 90%, it has a production capacity of 200000 units per year. Standard variable production cost and the variable selling cost are Rs. 11 and Rs. 3 per unit respectively. However the fixed cost and the fixed selling cost are rs. 360000 and Rs. 270000 per year respectively. The unit selling price is Rs. 20. In the year just ended on 31 December 2006, the production was 160000units and the sale was 150000 units. The closing inventory on 31st Dec was 20,000 units. The actual variable production costs for the year were Rs. 35,000 higher than the standard.

dinusha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pavani View Post
    A company's normal capacity utilization is reckoned as 90%, it has a production capacity of 200000 units per year. Standard variable production cost and the variable selling cost are Rs. 11 and Rs. 3 per unit respectively. However the fixed cost and the fixed selling cost are rs. 360000 and Rs. 270000 per year respectively. the unit selling price is Rs. 20. In the year just ended on 31 December 2006, the production was 160000units and the sale was 150000 units. The closing inventory on 31st Dec was 20,000 units. the actual variable production costs for the year were Rs. 35,000 higher than the standard.

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Absorption into Water [ 2 Answers ]

When air is absorbed into water does the volume change. We are performing a leak test in a closed pipe and are wondering when entrapped air is absorbed into the water, does the volume change. Inspector Dude

Help with calculating amount of Fe [ 2 Answers ]

I did an experiment involving the gravimetric determination of Iron in Geritol. At the end of the experiment I was left with a product, Fe2O3 that weighed 0.417 g I'm not sure how to calculate the amount of Iron from here. This is what I did. I calculated the molar mass of Fe2O3 to be...

Absorption costing [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how to come up with the right answer. Could you please help? The Collins Corporation just started business in January of 2004. They had no beginning inventories. During 2004 they manufactured 12,000 units of product, and sold 10,000 units. The selling price of each unit was...

Absorption/direct costing [ 1 Answers ]

Which of the following is a true statement regarding absorption and/or direct costing? A) A firm can choose to use either absorption or direct costing for income tax purposes. B) A firm can choose to use either absorption or direct costing for financial reporting...

View more questions Search