Ask
    aryam2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 12:08 AM
    Does percocet show up as an opaite on a urine test
    Does percocet show up as an opaite on a urine test
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2010, 12:27 AM
    From everything I have read,yes,it will.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2010, 01:15 AM

Oh yes.

Know that firsthand.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2010, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    Oh yes.

Know that firsthand.
    :)

I don't know firsthand,I quit taking most things associated with testing before testing was all the rave it is now.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2010, 01:04 PM

Percocet has oxycodone in it, just like Oycontin. If they are doing an opiate test, that drug will show up.

It's one of the most abused drugs right now.

It's not an "Alternative medicine".
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2010, 07:46 AM

Percocet is a semi-synthetic opioid. It is not an opiate. Opiates break down into morphine and codeine (which is what opiate screens are looking for) while the synthetics (ex: Methadone) and semi-synthetics (ex: oxycodone) do not.

Standard opiate screens do not usually detect any of the above referenced drugs. Some drug screens can detect them in very high concentration but most do not.

The best example of this is SAMHSA-5 (5 panel drug screens) utilized for federal employees, transportation workers, safety sensitive federal contractors, armed services, etc. and regulated by US Dept. of Health and Human Services (HHS) will not detect semi-synthetic opioids.

Labor unions also determine the type of tests used through collective bargaining agreements. Usually these tests are also limited to the federal standards, via Dept of Labor, and will not detect semi-synthetics.

Any federally regulated drug test must be administered in strict accord with the Mandatory Guidelines for Federal Workplace Drug Testing Programs, 1994, Rev. 2008 and cannot test for any drug not identified in Subpart C, and then only at the cutoff limits as specified. (see p. 71880) This would also apply to employers contracted or subcontracted to a federal agency.

None of the foregoing testing programs will detect synthetic or semi-synthetic opioids. In fact, those tests are excluded by federal regulation (see Fed Reg, above). This represents a large segment of the US population and a significant percentage of the drug testing performed.

Outside of the federal testing standards, there is little regulation and a complete lack of uniformity in drug testing methodology.

Quest Diagnostics, one of the larger testing laboratories in the US, notes that opiate drug screening panels only “detect opiates such as codeine and morphine” Oxycodone, can be detected but only if “it is present at a high concentration.” (ex: >2000+)

However, there are screening technologies available that use a specific reagent that can detect Oxycodone as low as 100 ng/mL. Those are not standard opiate tests, rather expanded panels. These more expansive tests are being actively promoted by the testing industry and, since oxycodone is a widely abused drug, gaining an increased presence in the testing field.

Once again these expanded panels cannot be used within any of the federal testing programs but are available to the non-regulated segment. (See Fed Reg, above)

In conclusion, whether oxycodone, or any synthetic or semi-synthetic opioid is detected is entirely dependent on the type test that is performed.
    melgunn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 09:42 AM
    Percocet and oxycodone do not show up on a standard drug test and I know this firsthand. I took oxycodone for two days before and the morning of the drug test and it was all negative.
    emtlyssa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2012, 08:04 PM
    Depends on the drug test. Some only check for specific ones, others check for more.
    magrant78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2013, 04:23 PM
    Help, I think I may have to take a drug test for disability and I have a script for percocet. I also use heroin daily and am wondering does it show up separate on a drug test or does it show up as an opiate am I OK since I have script for percocet will it just show up as opiate or will it show the heroin separate. I have been told it shows up the same since heroin is an opiate nut I want to be sure, Help
    acatt35 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2013, 07:37 PM
    Are Hydrocodone and Lortab and percocet all in the same family?
    acatt35 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2013, 07:45 PM
    Is Hydrocodone,lortab and percocet all in the same class?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does oxycontin and percocet show up the same in urine test [ 2 Answers ]

Does oxycontin and percocet show up the same in urine test.

If I get rubbing alcohol on my hands will it show up on a urine test? [ 3 Answers ]

I have to take a urine test in two days. Today I wiped down a work table with rubbing alcohol to clean it. Can this show up on test?

If I had cough medicine with coedine will that show up in a urine test as an opiate [ 1 Answers ]

I had to take a urine test for probaion a month ago and I don't do any sort of drugs but when it came back it said I had traces of opiates. The only perscription I took was for my severe cough to help me sleep and it had coedine in it. Would this be what showed up as an opiate on my urine test?

Will one hit of an unlit bowl show in a urine test? [ 1 Answers ]

I was goofing off the other day and found my old bowl (unused for 9 months) in a closet. I put it to my mouth and then inhaled it, unlit. I then realized that I have to take a drug test tomorrow, and I'm worried that I got THC in my lungs. I haven't smoked for 9 months, and when I last used the...

View more questions Search