Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gordyblu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 02:07 PM
    Parvo
    My puppy recently died from parvo, I buried her in the back yard.
    I was told the parvo will never go away, how can I get rid of the
    Parvo? How long should I wait to get another puppy?
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Dec 28, 2006, 03:13 PM
    Parvo is ground based. So burying the puppy in your backyard will make it vary difficult to have another dog in that same yard. I know it's not a really cool thing as far as your heart will take it, but I'd exhume the body and talk with a vet to find out how to clean and/or treat the soil. You may want to ask a the vet how long you should wait before placing another dog in the same yard.

Sorry for your loss, it sucks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2006, 04:55 PM
    This is a good web site on clean up of your yard and home.

Also always speak to the vet, they are experts and now more of the up to date advice

Parvo FAQs
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2006, 05:08 PM
    I am very sorry to hear about your loss. You can treat everything in the house with bleach. It is the only thing that kills the virus other than time, at least 6 months. If you want more information, here is a site I know is reliable, Canine Parvovirus, What you should know about

You can't trust every site somebody finds and posts. Many of the website sites about dog care contain dangerous, misleading information.
    kevmissy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 07:38 PM
    When I clean my house in bleach do I us bleach on my carpet to
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2007, 07:54 PM
    That may be one for a carpet expert. I am sure bleach could ruin some carpets. You might try testing it in an area that doesn't show. Consider steam cleaning the carpet. It may not kill the virus, but if removes it, it still should be OK.

Safest thing could be wait 6 months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Parvo Puppy [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I recently bought a Shihtza-poo puppy from a rescue on 21 Apr 06. The rescue stated ,"Animals that go thru this rescue are spay/neutered, brought up to date on their vaccinations, checked for heartworms and parasites, and leave to go to their new homes after our vet tells us they are in...

After parvo 2 [ 2 Answers ]

Last night was the first night of barney in the house (after being in the hospital for 4 days), during the night he kept having diahrrea and vomiting(after drinking water and pediliate), his poop was brown like chocolate, we don't know if it was from the pediliate that is a grape flavor and...

After parvo [ 1 Answers ]

My dog was diagnosted with parvo last Friday (6 days ago), he stayed in the clinic for 4 days, the vet was giving him IV, and some kind of antibiotic, I went to pick him up today(wednesday) he hadn't thrown up since Monday morning, when we were coming from the vet he threw up a little bit, and then...

Parvo Puppy [ 9 Answers ]

My Mom purchased a Yorkie-Poo puppy on Friday April 7th, from a local Breeder. She took him to the vet Monday the 10th and he was given a Clean bill of health, although the Vet was not pleased with the Paperwork provided by the breeder (regarding shots given). On Wed. April 12th, my Mom...

My beagle has parvo [ 1 Answers ]

Well I've had a few post in here about my beagles bad habits... and I have not had to ask questions reason being my beagle (molly) has made a huge improvement... she has become such a good puppy... but anyway I've been noticing her stool to be slimmy and mucusy... and her throwing up... so I just...

View more questions Search