Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    riowolfe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2010, 09:11 AM
    How do I repair a table damaged by a steam iron used to iron towel
    I placed a folded towel on my wood table to iron a shirt and used a steam iron on high, unfortunately when I finished, when I removed the towel the damage was done the color and varnish had faded from my table, I suppose the steam lifted the stain onto the towel... HELP!
    Rover88 Posts: 68, Reputation: 14

Jun 4, 2010, 05:42 AM

I'm guessing that this is more than just a spot on the table top. How much of the surface was damaged? Can you post a photo? Given that the finish was steamed off, you may have left most of the color (stain) in the wood. Without a picture or more detail I would guess that your top would need to be refinished.
    Bill
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2010, 07:54 AM

Wait a little while and see what happens. I have put hot pots on towels and after lifting it, the surface of my beautiful wood table was white and looked as if ruined. After completely dry it was no longer there.

A picture would help though:)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2010, 11:49 AM
    Hi, riowolfe!

Yes, an image posted here would help.

One of the things that I do for a living, is that I refinish and touch-up furniture.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repair old cast iron rad *steam* [ 1 Answers ]

Hullo lads, I've got a steam system running at 2lb and have a pinhole leak in one of my rads, a real fancy one too. Replacement is not really an option and disassembly will be a nightmare as it's been painted over for 50 years. Is there anything on the market I could use to patch or can this be...

Info on a Beaver cast iron Table Saw [ 1 Answers ]

I have in my possession an old cast iron table saw. It is electric and has the manufacturer as Beaver in Guelph, Ontario. Does anyone know if this company is still in operation or if it was sold out to another company? Any information on this tool would be appreciated.

Steam generator iron filters [ 1 Answers ]

Do all steam generator irons need replaceable filters? Are there any steam generator irons I can buy that do not need a replaceable filter, as I do not want to spend money buying filters every month or 6 month.

View more questions Search