Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jake291980 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 10:29 PM
    What do you do if the girl you like has a boyfriend but, she keeps smiling at me?
    Threads merged

I work with this girl that I really like and she will always smile at me and sometimes we will talk. She has been smiling at me ever since the first day we seen each other. I don't know if she is just doing it to be nice or if she might think I'm cute. She does give me more attention then the other girls I work with. I don't know how to tell if a girl is not happy with her boyfriend. Maybe she isn't happy but, who knows. Can someone please help me out. I really like this girl but, not sure what to think. Hope to get some good answers
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Jan 2, 2010, 10:34 PM
    One way to find out would be to maybe ask her about her boyfriend during a conversation just to see what she says about him and how she says it. You could try working it in without being obvious, ask normal questions to get her started, like where he is from, where does he work, that sort of thing. Then go from there depending how she reacts.
    ticklemepink Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 12:04 AM

I think that if you like her, you need to just go for it and she can figure out the whole boyfriend thing. I have been in relationships with guys before and have left them because I had an interest in someone else. That is actually how I met my current boyfriend of 2 years. It was the best thing he ever did.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jan 3, 2010, 12:33 AM

You can make any unmarried person aware of your interest in them. There's nothing wrong with that in the least.

You cannot date any person who does not clarify their "availability" status to you. If they have a boyfriend, they need to resolve it and prove it is resolved before you venture into those waters.

You do this not only to protect yourself, but to also clearly indicate to your potential girl that you are an honest and respectable individual and she should expect all her dealing with you to be on the up and up. This will benefit you in the trust department later.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2010, 12:06 PM

Don't give her the wrong idea, by trying to flirt with her. She is taken, so you have no business leading her on, even if she is flirting or smiling at you. Don't try to pose a threat to her relationship. If you truly do "like" her, you would respect that.

Jan 12, 2010, 07:17 PM
    Please help!! What should I do?
    Threads merged

I work with this girl that I really like and she will smile at me sometimes and we will talk sometimes. Ever since the first day she seen me she looked at me and smiled. When she walks past me she will look at me and smile at me. We are starting to talk to each other more. Just the other night she gave me a ride home and we had a good conversation. I've heard that it's not a good idea to date someone from work. We don't work with each other everyday. I probably only see her like twice a week. So, I don't think it would be a bad idea if we did. So does this girl want me to like notice her and maybe get to know her? I hope to get some good answers. Thanks
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2010, 07:32 PM

If you're interested in a girl, you get to know her better- as a FRIEND. So, befriend the girl and get to know her better before you jump into a relationship or emotional involvement. It wouldn't hurt to just be her friend for now, and take it from there. Who knows, you may realize that you really aren't interested, or she may be the girl of your dreams- the only way to know, is to know her.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2010, 07:32 PM
    Post edited due to thread merge:

I stand corrected - my last advice was to ask her out - because I didn't know that she was with someone else.

She has a boyfriend. She is off limits. Period.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 12:26 PM
    Maybe she isn't giving more information because she is already in a relationship. Maybe she realizes that it is innapropriate to come onto another guy. Maybe she's testing the waters to see what's out there, but at the same time has no gripe or complaint about her current guy. Maybe she likes you as a possible lover on the side, or rebound guy. Maybe she's looking for someone new, with one foot firmly in an existing relationship, whilst dangling the other in the single world.

Have you considered that maybe what she needs has nothing to do with you at all? Do you not wonder about a woman who shows interest in you, while being in a relationship with somebody else? Any red flags there? Is it the honourable thing to do to get mixed up with her, knowing she already has a boyfriend?

On the other hand, maybe she means absolutely nothing, and she's just a friendly kind of girl.

The only way you are going to know, and do the right thing in my opinion, is when she gives you a ride home, and you have a second long converation, is ask her outright, " Are you in a relationship right now? I'd love to ask you out on a date, but I never cross that line with another man's girl."

Then I'd take it from there. If she's in the process of breaking up, or thinking about breaking up, or you get the impression she doesn't know what she wants, then drop it like a hot potato.

If she doesn't know what's going on in her own life, she's not in a position to be a part of yours.

Jun 3, 2010, 06:50 PM
    What do you do if your crush has a boyfriend but, you talk allot and are friends?
    Threads merged

I really like this girl at work and we will talk allot. After we started talking she sent me a friends request on Facebook. I've had her on there for a month now. I would see her in the chat sometimes but, I've never really tried to talk to her. Just the other night she talked to me. She was the one who started the conversation first. She just sent me a message saying "hi how are you doing" then we just started talking. So that night was the first time that I was finally able to talk to her outside of work. The thing that sucks is that she has a boyfriend. I really like this girl but, the boyfriend thing bothers me. I am being her friend right now. So should I keep talking to her on Facebook sometimes even though she has a boyfriend? I just want to be a friend and that's all. Also does she sound like she might like me?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 3, 2010, 07:37 PM

This may be harsh..........!!!

She likes you as a friend and she is a co worker. No matter how many times you ask this question, and its been a lot, you will get the same answers, no she has no romantic interest in you, she is being friendly, because she is a friendly person, and she has a boyfriend. That's the big thing so shake those foolish notions and high hopes or romance out of your head before you make a big fool of yourself.

Smiles, waves , and being friendly are not signs of romantic interests at all, and only a love sick puppy who doesn't know better will take it as a sign of love or more than what it is.

Sorry to be harsh, but you better grow up and keep your job, and not get carried away by a friendly female, THAT HAS A BOYFRIEND!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do you get a girl who has a boyfriend, and her boyfriend is your friend [ 13 Answers ]

Im those type of guys who does what makes them happy irrespective of who/what gets hurt in the process. My happiness is always first when it comes to me. So I'm sleeping with this girl and she is dating my friend. I've suddenly developed feelings for her and I want her to be with me:cool:I think I...

I'm a girl, I kissed a girl, I didn't like it. Should I tell my boyfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are 19.. he's not a partier but sometimes I can be. I used to party and drink every other weekend before we started going out but I stopped when I started dating him because he didn't really like it unless he was around. Plus he doesn't want me doing anything that's bad for me...

View more questions Search