Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danidime7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 02:05 PM
    How do you make a guy text you...
    So me and this guy used to have a thing. And he would text me all the time and he was really fun to talk to. And then we stopped talking for a while and everything, but I kind of want to get back with him, and I really want to text him! So I saw on his Facebook that he 'thinks he's in love'.. and when I text him he just replies like OK. Or ha you. And I ask him to be more talkative and everything and he just says k. does anyone know how I can possibly make him start talking to me like normal again.. or even something I could do/say to him to make him like me again..
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 31, 2010, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danidime7 View Post
    so me and this guy used to have a thing. and he would text me all the time and he was really fun to talk to. and then we stopped talking for a while and everything, but i kinda wanna get back with him, and i really wanna text him! so i saw on his facebook that he 'thinks hes in love'.. and when i text him he just replies like ok. or ha ya. and i sak him to be more talkitive and everything and he just says k. does anyone know how i can possibly make him start talking to me like normal again.. or even something i could do/say to him to make him like me again.. ?
    I'm going to guess that the person he "thinks hes in love" with is not you. As hard as that may be to take, you have to let him go.

It is not fair to him, the person he cares about, or to yourself since it is obvious his heart is elsewhere. If he is thinking about being with someone else, he shouldn't be texting you or have you trying to get him to like you again.

You will save yourself a great deal of heartache if you think of him as a crush/friend from your past and look to meeting someone who is available. He has moved on, best if you do as well.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 31, 2010, 10:45 PM

Sorry, but he has no interest in talking to you, or texting. He seems to be to busy. Leave him alone, he is in love and its not you.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jun 1, 2010, 09:58 AM

If a guy wants to text you, talk to you, take you to the movies, by God, he'll do his best to make it happen.

This is not the case for you, unfortunately, & I know it hurts.

My general rule of thumb is to let the guy contact first. A lot of people on here will probably disagree with me, but after getting hurt by chasing the guy numerous times, I let the guy chase ME, & the relationships worked out a lot better. I had no doubt they were interested. But that's just what works for me.

In any case, you are young & there are plenty of fish out there. Might not feel like it when you're still in school, but trust me, the little goldfish bowl you feel stuck in will turn into an ocean!
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2010, 10:03 AM

He probably senses your needyness-- I can-- and it's quite annoying.

Leave him alone and he'll text you when he wants to. You can't make anyone text you.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 1, 2010, 10:14 AM

You can't make people anything they don't want to be... well, actually, you can make them miserable by being pushy and needy and not realizing it.

First step, be a person / character worth chasing, then put yourself in situations to be chased. Sounds like you're the only person in this particular relationship... meaning there isn't one. Get back out there and find someone you can play hard-to-get with. Much greater likelihood of success.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 1, 2010, 10:24 AM

Sorry Torrid13 have to spread some rep but I agree with you.

This guy is not texting you because his heart is elsewhere. You cannot make him or anyone text you if they don't want to.
    You can get on his nerves though. Get a clue and leave him alone.
    Sexybod25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 02:10 PM
    Don't be pushy, its time to get over him obviously if he is txting OK and stuff he's not interested its time to move on

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guy text at the end of text "talk later" [ 20 Answers ]

Hey guys, There is this guy that I like, he is someone that I know a while but we don't meet that often. Well anyway, he has asked me out a few times, but I told him that he was too young for me as there is a 7 year age gap... he is in his late twenties I'm in my mid thirties. So I meet him...

What should I say to a guy in my first text to him? [ 4 Answers ]

I have finally built up the courage to text this guy and I don't know what to say should I say hey what's up or something else? I can't engage in conversation because he doesn't have a texting plan so what do I say (keeping it short and simple)

Make a guy want you [ 5 Answers ]

Heeey can anyone help me with this prob! Girls could u tell me how would you make a guy try fall for you, and guys could you tel me what would make you fall for about a girl

View more questions Search