Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dfmay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 10:29 AM
    Whistles for deaf dogs
    Our 13 year old dalmatian has gone deaf. Is there any type of whistle that we could try
    To get her attention?
    dfmay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 10:31 AM

Is there any type whistle to help call our recently "gone deaf" female dalmatian. Any other suggestions would be helpful.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2010, 05:29 PM

I would think a deaf dog would not be able to heaR any type of whistle.

There are remote trainers that vibrate. You can teach her signal commands with it. There is no shock, no pain. Just a soft vibrate to get your dogs attention.

Good luck
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 31, 2010, 05:36 PM

I also saw a video about a woman who taught her dogs to respond with lights. If they were out side she would flash a flash light, and the dogs would come to her. Kind of neat, but I would suspect it would take a lot of time and patience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet has air coming up pipe and whistles [ 7 Answers ]

My toilet has air coming up through the pipe that then makes a whistle sound. I have noticed on other occasions that the toilet will (rarely) bubble - usually if I am running the washing machine and have just showered. This new development with the "whistle" sound is coming more frequently. This...

Plumbing, Shower whistles when turned on [ 4 Answers ]

What makes my shower whistle when I pull up the lever to turn the shower on? If I turn the water to real hot it stops.:eek:

Hot h2o whistles! [ 2 Answers ]

I recently replaced kitchen counter and used same sink and faucet. Now when using hot water the fixture "sings/whistles"? Only happens on hot side, cold is fine and never did this before. Any suggestions? Thanks,

Alien like et movie but he whistles don't KNOW THE NAME [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a movie ages ago. It was like ET but there was a boy in a wheelchair that moved to a new town, he meets the alien because he rolls down a big hill and the alien stops him. The boy dresses the alien in a bear suit. I think it drinks heaps of pepsi too. It also whistles to cantact its family(it...

View more questions Search