Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MOCHAMINT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 05:02 PM
    My dog has lost weight you can see her ribs
    I have a Brittany Spaniel,she is 8 years old. She sleep a lot, still eats. But have loss a lot of weight. You can see her ribs on on back.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 25, 2010, 06:16 PM

Time for a vet check.

Sudden weight loss can be a symptom of many things, from thyroid problems, to parasites to disease. There are too many for us to guess, you will need to get the vet to do an examination and possibly bloodwork.
    When you make an appointment take in a stool sample as well to save yourself some time. Just get a specimen jar from the vets the day before.
    cute_e_2003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 06:29 PM

A brittany spaniels life span is around 12-14, but that all depends on what you feed your dog and how much exercise she gets. Try switching pet foods to maybe a holistic pet food such as Canidae, Origin, Go, Now, Summit, Legacy or other such brands. They generally have better ingredients and therefore will be better for your dog. Seeing the vet wouldn't be a bad idea either, but I'm guessing you just want to get ideas right now ^_-
    kaylaluv Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

May 25, 2010, 06:46 PM

I'm not sure but you should check with your vet. Check her teeth, she may have some dental issues thast are hurting her. Maybe she is getting more exersice? She could have eaten something that messed up her stomach. I would bring a stool sample to the vet like the person before me suggested.
    Check out this link for info on your dog. It has a hight and weight section too.

Brittany Spaniel Information and Pictures, Brittany Spaniels
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2010, 08:31 AM

I agree with shazzy. Sudden weight loss is a serious issue. Being lethargic is even a bigger problem.

There could be something brewing inside. Get her checked by a vet. She should go in anyway for a senior exam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is sick he has lost a lot weight and barley walks the vet test only a UTI . [ 3 Answers ]

We took my dog to the vet and had test ran. He has dropped about 25 or more pounds and is not active anymore. He favors one leg when he walks. He still eats and drinks but is not active and won't go up the stairs anymore. The test from the vets indicated that he had a UTI and nothing else they...

Weight lost [ 3 Answers ]

How can teens lose weight in a week:)

Weight Lost [ 1 Answers ]

I need help... I've been trying for years to lose weight and nothing is working. I'm starting to give up.. but I don't want to. I have kept many food diaryies and excerising a lot but nothing is working. I'm sick and tired of this... why can't I lose weight?

Pitbull won't gain weight! Ribs show! [ 14 Answers ]

I have 2 pitbulls, a male (Tyson- almost 2 years old) & a female (Sasha- about 2 1/2 yrs old)... The female brindle is a very healthy weight! Actually, my dogs bred & had 11 puppies their first litter & all the puppies lived w/ no complications (and the male was under a year old)!! But the problem...

View more questions Search